DirecTV

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

GoldCy

Jul 11, 2016
Surprised no one mentioned their add shows the ISU/ku game last year as part of their sports promotion

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
Side note - my parents told me they were paying $190 per month for the BASIC package with DirecTV earlier this year. That is insane. Got them setup with YouTubeTV and after a month transition period they were like “why didn’t we do this years ago…”.

DirecTV is on its deathbed.

ClonesFTW

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 13, 2013
Waukee
I have DirecTV. I cancel my package at the end of every 1 year contract, wait a few days before I’m supposed to return the equipment, and then call back and grab the returning promo while everything is still hooked up. Works great!

Reactions: IceCyIce and ozzie8

royhobbs

Oct 8, 2019
Last year of the NFL Sunday Ticket for DirecTV, maybe. Its the only reason I continue with DirecTV. How else can I watch the Commanders in Iowa. On 2nd thought...................................

agcy68

Feb 9, 2007
Iowa
Surprised no one mentioned their add shows the ISU/ku game last year as part of their sports promotion
To your point (ignoring the DirectTV haters). That's kind of cool. I would like to think that ISU has earned that type of respect. Surprising that KU is to that point already.

FWIW, I'm currently on the reduced cost DishTv

EnkAMania

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 31, 2013
Seattle
Last year of the NFL Sunday Ticket for DirecTV, maybe. Its the only reason I continue with DirecTV. How else can I watch the Commanders in Iowa. On 2nd thought...................................
This is me too. I'll probably go DirectTv streaming, as I get a discount on internet.

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown

I am not saying there is an easy way, but VPN's and youtubeTV make this sorta thing easy. Not that I know anything about this.

CoachHines3

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 29, 2019
Side note - my parents told me they were paying $190 per month for the BASIC package with DirecTV earlier this year. That is insane. Got them setup with YouTubeTV and after a month transition period they were like “why didn’t we do this years ago…”.

DirecTV is on its deathbed.
my father in law has mentioned paying close to, if not over, $300

hes going to switch over to YTTV soon, I believe.

CoachHines3

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 29, 2019
I am not saying there is an easy way, but VPN's and youtubeTV make this sorta thing easy. Not that I know anything about this.
Isn't it good for only a certain period of time, though?

gocy444

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 15, 2008
Ames, IA
NFL Sunday ticket is so stupid. I would happy pay a monthly fee for just that on my mobile device, but they don’t allow just that. Hoping another streaming platform gets the rights to that.

MR82

Sep 12, 2021
my father in law has mentioned paying close to, if not over, $300

hes going to switch over to YTTV soon, I believe.
Check their bill. That’s $60 more than it should be. Look for any extra sports pack or movie channels.

CoachHines3

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 29, 2019
Check their bill. That’s $60 more than it should be. Look for any extra sports pack or movie channels.
Oh he's got some addons- HBO/Starz. He's got all of that and he's aware of it.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
I have DirecTV. I cancel my package at the end of every 1 year contract, wait a few days before I’m supposed to return the equipment, and then call back and grab the returning promo while everything is still hooked up. Works great!

It always amazes me how this works for some people but not for others. I never had any luck working those angles with DTV. Hell, when I cancelled our package like 6 years ago because we switched to streaming the rep didn't even offer me a dime to stay. He was like ok, got ya cancelled, just return the equipment in the box we are mailing you.

SDClone

Oct 3, 2007
Ankeny, Iowa
All you need is to get a Firestick and jailbreak it. Once that is done then use an IPTV app to get everything you want and then some. I would recommend a VPN on your Firestick also. You will save a lot of money.

1UNI2ISU

Jan 30, 2013
Waterloo
NFL Sunday ticket is so stupid. I would happy pay a monthly fee for just that on my mobile device, but they don’t allow just that. Hoping another streaming platform gets the rights to that.
It's most likely moving to Apple but the price isn't changing. The NFL keeps the price high to protect local affiliates.

enisthemenace

Dec 5, 2009
Runnells, IA
It always amazes me how this works for some people but not for others. I never had any luck working those angles with DTV. Hell, when I cancelled our package like 6 years ago because we switched to streaming the rep didn't even offer me a dime to stay. He was like ok, got ya cancelled, just return the equipment in the box we are mailing you.
I went through the song and dance for damn near 20 years. Last time I talked to them, I asked them why they would waste theirs and my time when they know I’m doing it every 6 months and they always comply. Suggested just programming my account so it automatically updates so we don’t ever have to talk again. I knew it was a long shot, but I had to ask. They said they couldn’t do that. I said, “well, I can’t keep going through the charade anymore, so I guess we’re breaking up.”

aeroclone

Oct 30, 2006
Isn't there a limit to how many times you change your YTTV location in a certain period of time? Or do you not have to actually change your home location when you do this?