DeVries to WVU

mb7299

Mar 15, 2013
Iowa Falls
Iowa should have hired him.
Agreed, he's someone that could have raised the program up for something like 15 years. It wasn't done so the program could stay mediocre based off of hoping there are enough Iowa alumni kids to play for him.

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
Great move. WVU is a good basketball school in the best conference. Allows Tucker to step up in competition. Huge pay raise. He will do good at WVU. Except when he plays Iowa state

• Agree
Reactions: 0u812

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
The one thing it does do is makes the threat of him taking over Iowa less likely. I think he's good but not sure about b12 good. Would be a beautiful area to move to.

Never know anymore. With NIL backing him, anyone who is a good coach can compete.

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
I have not watched a single second of Drake bball. How close is Davries system to Creightons?

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
I have not watched a single second of Drake bball. How close is Davries system to Creightons?
I've watched a couple games. I'm not an expert so I won't pretend to give some kind of detailed breakdown, but they don't look anything like "press virginia" basketball. But honestly he's going to have a completely different set of tools, so who knows. He may change his philosophy quite a bit. When TJ came in I don't think anyone expected us to turn into a bad ass defensive minded team, but that's what he thinks he can win best with.

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis
Iowa is going to rue the day they didn't lock DeVries down.

WVU is going to get back on the horse in the Big 12 quickly with a good coach.

They can reload. Having Tucker immediately helps a lot with that.

Oklahoma State, on the other hand, probably will take some time.
Was talking to buddy about this earlier. If Fran tanked the last month or two there was a case, maybe not a strong one but still a case, to boot him. They could have possibly had DeVries and Tucker next year along with Big Ten freshman of the year Freeman. That’s a great foundation and would have gotten fans interested maybe.

But nope. Fran did the bare minimum to stay in Iowa City. Bless his heart.