CyHawk College Gameday

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
Or he was replying to an Iowa state fan that tried to call him out, reminding him who the best school was in the state this year. To each their own
No, he's just a douche. I have this on good authority.

• Agree
Reactions: huntt26

KKramer

Sep 25, 2017
Christie Martens - ISU Women's Golf Coach. Have her on to help tell the story of CBA's life and impact on their program, and then let her stay to make picks. Doesn't have to be someone super famous.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
If ISU and Iowa were both on that type of level, no, it wouldn't be an issue.

You could argue that our rivalry is even better because we don't have to share our fandom with NFL and NBA teams. People who know the national scene appreciate the special-ness of the ISU/EIU rivalry. GameDay would be a way to help it be more well-known.

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
Rece Davis asked in an Athletic article about where he would like to do Gameday from:

3. I asked Davis what college football venues he’d like to go to for “College GameDay”: “First, let me say something about Pullman (Washington, which GameDay went to for the first time in 2018),” he said. “I love doing this job and I hope they let me do it for a long time. If it were just about crowd experience and finding the perfect venue for a show to create energy and excitement and a certain emotion for one particular show, I should have retired immediately after Pullman. Every other venue in some way will forever be playing for second.

“That said, there are two places that leap to mind. I have never seen a football game in Lincoln, Nebraska. I have seen college basketball there and called Nebraska games but all road games. I would love to take the show to Nebraska. The other one is a place where the show has never been is Ames, Iowa. I have called games at Jack Trice Stadium so I have been there and know the city. Those are the two places I hope we can go one day.”

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
Rece Davis asked in an Athletic article about where he would like to do Gameday from:

3. I asked Davis what college football venues he’d like to go to for “College GameDay”: “First, let me say something about Pullman (Washington, which GameDay went to for the first time in 2018),” he said. “I love doing this job and I hope they let me do it for a long time. If it were just about crowd experience and finding the perfect venue for a show to create energy and excitement and a certain emotion for one particular show, I should have retired immediately after Pullman. Every other venue in some way will forever be playing for second.

“That said, there are two places that leap to mind. I have never seen a football game in Lincoln, Nebraska. I have seen college basketball there and called Nebraska games but all road games. I would love to take the show to Nebraska. The other one is a place where the show has never been is Ames, Iowa. I have called games at Jack Trice Stadium so I have been there and know the city. Those are the two places I hope we can go one day.”
I wonder what games he’s done at JTS.. hopefully he got to see some good games.

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
When you look at our list for guest pickers, there aren't any big names. Our biggest name alum with Fred out of the mix is probably Hornacek. If they wanted a great Iowan with a recognizable name, what about Kurt Warner?

I would be 100% on board with Kurt Warner as guest picker if they did choose that weekend. He's an Iowan, an NFL HOF'er, done NFL analysis and studio shows and unbiased as far as the rivalry goes. If he picked the hawkeyes, it's because he thinks they'll win, not because he's more of a fan of theirs over us.

weR138

Feb 20, 2008
I would be 100% on board with Kurt Warner as guest picker if they did choose that weekend. He's an Iowan, an NFL HOF'er, done NFL analysis and studio shows and unbiased as far as the rivalry goes. If he picked the hawkeyes, it's because he thinks they'll win, not because he's more of a fan of theirs over us.

God, just no. A purple hawk with an ax to grind against a team that didn't recruit him.

The "Iowan" stuff is nonsense. I wouldn't give a hoot in hell what Chris errrrrrr Ashton Kutcher has to say about ISU nor Tom Arnold.

Sage is the answer.

• Winner
Reactions: Remo Gaggi

huntt26

Apr 10, 2006
po' dUnk

Do the guest pickers ever pick against the home team?

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Celebrity picker with Iowa ties and Iowa State Alumni........ Chris Soules?

Edit: I guess the jimlad wasn't implied enough...

Last edited:

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
While the Iowa game isn't at the top of my list to pop our Game Day cherry, you sort of have to look at it like getting the NCAA's to Des Moines. We had to bite the bullet and sponsor the first go around, but once the committee got to see how great of a location DM is, they came back two years later. I view this in the same vein. Or like how drug dealers give you the first taste for free. They know you'll come back for more.

• Funny
Reactions: NWICY and huntt26

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Guys the answer here is so obvious...

American-Pickers-Cast-640x359.jpg