CycloneTV Not working

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Cloneon

Oct 29, 2015
West Virginia
This is a very poorly engineered solution. My company's app deals with a much higher volume of traffic. As you can see when you click the 'login' several 'outside' application servers are contacted before the authorization mechanism. This, in itself, will undoubtedly bring things to a halt. They need a solution which can, dynamically, scale out their, 'stats', load static content first, load preferred content second, and then load all the crap advertising third. "Spinning up additional servers, is a crock of bull statement". And if it IS true, it's an indication they have NO idea what they're doing.

Another annoyance is that I find myself having to login in after every viewing of past content. For example, if I want to watch two past football games in a row, they force me to log in again.

This solution is horrible.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Because, who would'a thunk that a lot of fans would be trying to sign on tonight and watch the game?

So maybe we can get in by the half?

Man, I am glad I opted out of setting up an alumni gamewatch. Was going to us my login at a our gamewatch bar...people would have been pissed and would probably have blamed the bar manager. :(

AgronAlum

Jul 12, 2014
LOL. Just got home from work and trying to sign up. I don't know what to say...

CNECloneFan

Dec 1, 2012
Let's be fair, though. The 2016 schedule DID sneak up on us. I'm sure that if we had time to prepare this never would have happened.

• Funny
Reactions: BBHMagic

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
We should each at least get a fan apology letter from these morons so we have something to hang on our walls here at home.

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
Or there is this crazy ass concept in development called load testing... you know, so you can prepare to handle expected traffic with room to spare.

The worst is they use a CDN to deliver it. They didn't pay a high enough subscription for this stream. Now they probably added more links (not "spin up servers") which takes roughly an hour to propagate on good networks. This is a **** show

Reactions: Jer

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
This is a very poorly engineered solution. My company's app deals with a much higher volume of traffic. As you can see when you click the 'login' several 'outside' application servers are contacted before the authorization mechanism. This, in itself, will undoubtedly bring things to a halt. They need a solution which can, dynamically, scale out their, 'stats', load static content first, load preferred content second, and then load all the crap advertising third. "Spinning up additional servers, is a crock of bull statement". And if it IS true, it's an indication they have NO idea what they're doing.

Another annoyance is that I find myself having to login in after every viewing of past content. For example, if I want to watch two past football games in a row, they force me to log in again.

This solution is horrible.

Yah, the response sounds like a bunch of BS.