Cyclone Wrestling Twitter

CloneFanInKC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 26, 2021
Who is in back row, far left (in the picture) wearing cardinal shirt and glasses.

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
Interesting!

I forgot about him. Is he still working for ISU athletics?

He's been at Missouri (both athletics and now the university) for a long time.

Coached Missouri's little league softball team in the world series last year:

CYwrestle

Feb 23, 2014

Left to Right Back Row: Mark Knauer, Chad Ziesman, Kyven Gadsen, Kurt Backes, Matt Mulvihill, Cael Sanderson, Zach Thompson, Trent Hynek, Wade McLeod, Nick Passalano, Nick Britton, Barry Weldon, Kevin Dresser, David Carr

Left to Right Front: Zach Roberson, Dwight Hinson, Matt Azevedo, Chris Bono, Ty Malia, Jacob Moore, Jesse Sundell, Billy Maldonado

Joe Heskett is in the chair and to the left on the ground is Cyon Williams.

Lots of emotions given everything Joe has been through. All came together to support Joe and his family. Unfortunately some of the others weren’t able to make it. Aaron Holker had to report to his new Army job and Coach Bobby Douglas could not attend due to some health reasons.

Everyone there was there because of Coach Douglas. He brought everyone to Ames and taught us the importance of sticking together and life being bigger than wrestling. Joe Heskett is one of the best to come through the program, he just happened to go through the program the same time as Cael.

Joey, Joe’s son, talked all about Cael but we had to remind him that his Dad was just as good and in fact beat Cael at Universities Freestyle their redshirt year.

Joe’s Grandma Evelyn was planning on making the trip too but stayed back last second. Grandma Evelyn raised Joe and would travel to all his meets and tournaments.

Was a great time and this weekend made you realize how many other great cyclones need to be inducted into the ISU HOF. Such a rich tradition and yet so many National Champions and World Team Members yet to be inducted.

Last edited:

WhizzerClone

Feb 20, 2020
Left to Right Back Row: Mark Knauer, Chad Ziesman, Kyven Gadsen, Kurt Backes, Matt Mulvihill, Cael Sanderson, Zach Thompson, Trent Hynek, Wade McLeod, Nick Passalano, Nick Britton, Barry Weldon, Kevin Dresser, David Carr

Left to Right Front: Zach Roberson, Dwight Hinson, Matt Azevedo, Chris Bono, Ty Malia, Jacob Moore, Jesse Sundell, Billy Maldonado

Joe Heskett is in the chair and to the left on the ground is Cyon Williams.

Lots of emotions given everything Joe has been through. All came together to support Joe and his family. Unfortunately some of the others weren’t able to make it. Aaron Holker had to report to his new Army job and Coach Bobby Douglas could not attend due to some health reasons.

Everyone there was there because of Coach Douglas. He brought everyone to Ames and taught us the importance of sticking together and life being bigger than wrestling. Joe Heskett is one of the best to come through the program, he just happened to go through the program the same time as Cael.

Joey, Joe’s son, talked all about Cael but we had to remind him that his Dad was just as good and in fact beat Cael at Universities Freestyle their redshirt year.

Joe’s Grandma Evelyn was planning on making the trip too but stayed back last second. Grandma Evelyn raised Joe and would travel to all his meets and tournaments.

Was a great time and this weekend made you realize how many other great cyclones need to be inducted into the ISU HOF. Such a rich tradition and yet so many National Champions and World Team Members yet to be inducted.
@CYwrestle I assume you are one of the wrestlers pictured. Thanks for posting! I enjoy listening to those who experienced the Douglas years first hand. It sounds like we could use your voice/stories on this forum more often!

Land Shark

Apr 6, 2006
He's been at Missouri (both athletics and now the university) for a long time.

Coached Missouri's little league softball team in the world series last year:

LOL- that is awesome! Great guy.
Loved working with him. Mizzou is a great fit for his interests outside of work

Reactions: CyGold

isufan2

Nov 15, 2014
Thanks for posting the names. Brings back memories. Great times and some really good wrestlers and people. Sorry to hear Coach Douglas has issues. Hope he improves.

• Winner
Reactions: CloneFanInKC

PantherCyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 15, 2017
Not pictured but also at the game to recognize Joe were Eric Voelker and Bob Thompson.

Reactions: jkbuff98

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America

5 weeks away from start of the season. Can’t get here soon enough

Who are the two in the bottom right? I think the guy in the sweatshirt is Ramazan but who's the other kid? I don't think it's Swiderski.

stuclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2013
Ames, IA
Pretty sure the kid wrestling Ramazan is Ethan Perryman (freshman 125 from Cali). The kid with the tattoo in the bottom right looks like Manny Rojas. Not sure who the other kid is.

jkbuff98

Jan 3, 2017
Who are the two in the bottom right? I think the guy in the sweatshirt is Ramazan but who's the other kid? I don't think it's Swiderski.
Pretty sure the kid wrestling Ramazan is Ethan Perryman (freshman 125 from Cali). The kid with the tattoo in the bottom right looks like Manny Rojas. Not sure who the other kid is.
I think you are right , Perryman and Rojas both tagged in the tweet