Collegiate Duals Mon 12/18

cywr89

May 14, 2009
A bit. Apparently there was some real homesickness last year and he struggled with adjusting to college life in general. They're still high on him going forward.
What about Lance Runyan? Will we see him this year?

HouClone

Sep 3, 2011
Houston
Though they had no part in Cornell ducking, just canceled my Rofkin $15/month subscription. Why even bother to watch if teams are going to treat duals and in-season tournaments as exhibitions for March? I know it was only one team and only one match but still sucks what happened - and what can happen going forward. Plus, needed to pay another $10 to Rofkin to watch the matches Monday. The announcer was brutal too.

Gerbs

Aug 31, 2013
Though they had no part in Cornell ducking, just canceled my Rofkin $15/month subscription. Why even bother to watch if teams are going to treat duals and in-season tournaments as exhibitions for March? I know it was only one team and only one match but still sucks what happened - and what can happen going forward. Plus, needed to pay another $10 to Rofkin to watch the matches Monday. The announcer was brutal too.
Brah you cant do that to us brah

HouClone

Sep 3, 2011
Houston
Brah you cant do that to us brah
Still have ESPN+ and UFC. I was more venting about this and I can see me buying Rofkin again to watch ISU if they are on this year. But for now, canceled. Will see if ISU is on any more UFC this year. If not, will cancel that until next season.

Tigerguy_

Sep 26, 2020
Still have ESPN+ and UFC. I was more venting about this and I can see me buying Rofkin again to watch ISU if they are on this year. But for now, canceled. Will see if ISU is on any more UFC this year. If not, will cancel that until next season.
I think you need to find the joke above your head

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
A few things I'll add and I agree with some of your sentiment. First, DC is a legacy recruit/family etc. Second, he's a special kid off the mat. Probably better than he is on the mat. The programs that have the coaches/facilities/etc are also the ones offering the money. These kids aren't leaving Penn State to go to Little Rock because of cash. NIL in wrestling is going to separate the top 5-7 schools even further. I think what @Tigerguy_ is trying to get across is that we (ISU) want to make sure we're in that wheelhouse. Lastly and I have no inside information, but I'm guessing DC didn't get a $300k offer and we countered with $20k.

No one wants to admit it, but NIL is what it's going to take to keep us as a top 10 program.

Indeed, David Carr is a special person off the mat. For instance, I see him at all sorts of other athletic events. Last Friday, he was at the CyHok Swimming and Diving meet. I imagine he could easily be class president if he wanted to be. Maybe he already is!

G-imJustafan

Sep 9, 2022
Indeed, David Carr is a special person off the mat. For instance, I see him at all sorts of other athletic events. Last Friday, he was at the CyHok Swimming and Diving meet. I imagine he could easily be class president if he wanted to be. Maybe he already is!
yes money talks and if you want to stay relevant you need to use your outside voice and speak LOUD!

G-imJustafan

Sep 9, 2022
I think we can all agree
NIL is here to stay,
In some ways having athletes compensated is long overdue -
In others its damaging college athletics -
system like most needs to put under a microscope and reworked.
as I have said before it is currently the wild west

really have no answers,
you can't blame a young man or woman for taking a deal or deals that financially will benefit them for years after college has ended. but when you hear that some will lose money heading into the draft of said sport or considering a Rolls Royce - it's time for some checks and balances to be put in place

I believe just like scholarships (9.9 for wrestling was stated ) - the # of $'s one can earn needs to be capped
this just proves the $ is out of control

top JUCO wideout rolls up to signing day in LAMBO

• Haha
Reactions: CyCloneRastlinG

Land Shark

Apr 6, 2006
KOT bumped up tonight and took out Ruth from Illinois at 174. Wonder if he will wrestle Lewis from VT next week? Edit- My bad, wrong thread.