Coaching Staff Evaluation

ForbinsAscynt

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2014
Quick story
I was at whiskey river after work yesterday and 4 guys wearing what I thought was Rice gear came in and sat at the table behind us. I asked them why they were here and it turns out they were from a high school in Georgia and they were learning about our defense from coach Heacock and the rest of the staff. They spoke very highly of Heacock and I was amazed that a high school would pay to send 4 coaches to Ames to learn football schematics (they run the same defense). The school board was also quite shocked they wanted to come to Iowa to meet with the ISU staff. I didn’t get to talk to them very long but find it very cool we are a premier resource for the 3-3-5. They broke down the scheme further but that’s over my head. Ringgold High School for those interested.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Quick story
I was at whiskey river after work yesterday and 4 guys wearing what I thought was Rice gear came in and sat at the table behind us. I asked them why they were here and it turns out they were from a high school in Georgia and they were learning about our defense from coach Heacock and the rest of the staff. They spoke very highly of Heacock and I was amazed that a high school would pay to send 4 coaches to Ames to learn football schematics (they run the same defense). The school board was also quite shocked they wanted to come to Iowa to meet with the ISU staff. I didn’t get to talk to them very long but find it very cool we are a premier resource for the 3-3-5. They broke down the scheme further but that’s over my head. Ringgold High School for those interested.

They could go to other B12 schools now too since many of them ran it better than ISU last season at least against ISU anyway.

• Useful
Reactions: Aclone

superiorcyclone

Dec 12, 2013
As much as I appreciate the coaches taking us from where we were a few years ago, they need to have a hard evaluation of themselves this offseason. Thoroughly out coached in plenty games. Penalties, turnovers, it’s all comes down to coaching. Hope they can improve themselves.
Penalties and Turnovers are not "just coaching". Stuff happens. I was at the last game and they had some big studs making some big plays against us. We shot ourselves in the foot too many times to make a game of it. We beat Texas and lost to Notre Dame last season. If our last five recruiting classes were better than Notre Dame's I believe we have a better team and the game turns out differently. My two cents and a plug for the coaches recruiting to a school with the second smallest recruiting state, per power five school.

• Agree
Reactions: Cat Stevens