Clemson / Notre Dame ending...

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.
ND has proven that they can't handle the responsibility of having fans in the crowd. They should not be allowed fans the rest of the year.

You're kidding, right? If so I'll take back the dumb rating.

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.
Yeah but they want to keep playing, right?

They’re absolutely ****** two weeks from now. How many players are going to be out? The students probably just ruined a great season.

They just played a team that had a covid positive player on the sidelines. Probably going to get dinged either way. Notre Dame probably wouldn't mind skipping Boston College anyway. The last time they beat a #1 they played BC the following week. But then again, maybe the celebration only lasted 14 minutes. That would be under the 15 min mark to be quarantined.

Last edited:

brycy

Apr 11, 2006
Just watched the end. Saw the camera pull away as Lawerance pulled down his mask to talk to players and come back as he was pulling it back up. Why was he there, if he couldn't play? Sure if I watched the whole game I would know, but the clones were on. No longer contagious?

• Agree
Reactions: Aclone

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
Just watched the end. Saw the camera pull away as Lawerance pulled down his mask to talk to players and come back as he was pulling it back up. Why was he there, if he couldn't play? Sure if I watched the whole game I would know, but the clones were on. No longer contagious?

He is clear of covid. However, they players are required to go through a bunch of physical test, kind of like concussion protocols. They have to do heart tests and so on. You can’t complete the tests in the time it took to clear him from the game

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
Fans on field wearing masks.

Student Senate censured Father Jenkins for not distancing or wearing mask to WH Rose Garden super spreader event where he contracted Covid. He had set up a snitch line to report students for violation of Covid requirements that resulted in student discipline, so they called it about him when they saw him on TV.

Worst Covid behavior was Dabo, next to his Covid QB on sideline, takes down his mask and gets in ref’s face screaming to get him to pick up the PI flag.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
Book plays exactly how I thought Brock would play. Play breaks down and he takes off running . Somehow we changed Brock from doing that after his freshman year and it drives me nuts. Reviews in that Clemson game were forever.

Book also did a really good job of staying in pocket that was collapsing and avoiding sack until something opened up.

Reactions: Drew0311

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
[QUOTE="Drew0311, post: 7403887, member: 43363" Reviews in that Clemson game were forever.
[/QUOTE]

That’s the closest I’ve ever come to turning off a great game just because of the officiating. Horrible.

• Agree
Reactions: cyclonedave25

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
I've never seen a play reviewed twice.
Saw the same thing in the nfl last weekend I think. On- field refs reviewed a play, made the call, spotted the ball for the next play. Get buzzed by NY apparently, and told they were wrong. Which begs the question, why are the on-site officials even involved in the reviews if they can be overruled anyway?

Busch__Latte

Sep 17, 2020
Just think if this happened at Iowa State, and someone w/ covid came in contact with Breece Hall or Mike Rose. Its very possible something like that happened tonight at Notre Dame; just dumb.
I'm pretty sure Rose went up to a maskless person in the stands right after his INT

Reactions: ISUTex

SCarolinaCy

Jun 20, 2011
Greenville, SC
no kidding. It's basically chance who gets it and who doesn't at this point. Just mix vitamin D and Zinc in your booze.
Team sidelines and post game seem to be the worst location for catching the virus. People without masks shouting into each other faces.

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017
Yes he is COVID clear, but the ACC has a cardio/heart check that he needs to pass. Dabo said he missed the Notre Dame game by maybe a day or two. But he was clear from a COVID infection standpoint.

• Informative
Reactions: brycy

Help Support Us

Become a patron