Cinnamon Rolls or Corn Bread with Chili?

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Cinnamon Rolls or Corn Bread with Chili?

• Cinnamon Rolls

Votes: 61 31.3%
  • Corn Bread

Votes: 94 48.2%
  • Neither

Votes: 40 20.5%

• Total voters

CtownCyclone

Really Strong Cardinals
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 20, 2010
Where they love the governor
Cinnamon rolls, especially with icing, are way too sweet to combine with chili. Those are two items that are good in their own right that do not need to be combined.

I’m team corn bread (in muffin form) without any butter or honey on them. When I eat chili, I’m looking for something savory with some spice to it, so adding too much sugary stuff is a no-no.

If I want a little crunch and added saltiness, Fritos or bust. GTFO with saltine or oyster crackers. That stuff is for soup, not chili.

This guy gets it.

Reactions: BCoffClone125

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
I like my chili with a lot of sour cream, shredded cheese and fritos in it with sides of cinnamon rolls and corn bread.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
I grew up in central Iowa and never did the cinnamon roll thing. Not sure why my school never did it when so many others in the area seemed to. No thanks.

Saltines or oyster crackers. Maybe some cheese. Fritos are ok. Nothing else. No cinnamon rolls, and especially no freaking spaghetti! Freaking weirdos in Cincinnati.

• Winner
Reactions: Jer

Humanjukebox

Oct 16, 2017
DM public schools always had it with peanut butter sandwich on really soft white bread back in the 70’s. I never grew out of that. Cinnamon rolls = breakfast. Cornbread = BBQ. Only other chili / bread options are grilled cheese or fresh bread and all must be dipped in the chili.

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
In what alternate universe is this ******* cinnamon roll nonsense considered acceptable? Come on now, if you think anything other than cornbread is acceptable with chilli, you're dead to me.

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
Have the posters that are knocking it tried it? You're not dipping the cinnamon roll in the chili. It surprisingly complements the chili pretty well.

• Agree
Reactions: CYCLNST8

harimad

Jul 28, 2016
Illinois
Cinnamon Rolls? With Chili?

giphy.gif

• Agree
Reactions: Jer

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
My brother-in-law won't eat chili without a peanut butter sandwich or two. The wife said that's how the whole family was brought up, she just realized after moving away that nobody else did that, so she just kinda stopped.

I don’t do it every time but it’s nice for a different taste every once in a while. I was suprised peanut butter tasted ok