Chris Williams the Time has Come

Status
Not open for further replies.

ClonesInDallas

Dec 16, 2020
This site and its writers have never been the ones to Press the hard questions. Right or wrong that has stayed consistent for its entirety and I'm not sure why any of you think that will ever change

Reactions: Trice and Bigman38

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
Steve and T.J. inherited the program in much different places. Explain to me why Oklahoma is struggling so much. Moser in over his head?
OU has been struggling for sure, but for them, at least they have a game in Hilton coming up to help with their struggles.

KCyclone2010

May 19, 2017
][/QUOTE]
Of couse not.

But I can realize it's not as simple as 'drive to the hoop, cut to the basket or shoot a 3' with a roster full of players that struggle offensively.
Obviously it’s not that simple, but TJ is getting paid millions to solve this problem. Thank you for proving the point of this thread that Chris isn’t asking him how he plans to solve the issue, or why the offensive sets aren’t changing

rochclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2009
So you’re just going to ignore it was Moser who gave everyone else the blueprint for beating our defense?

And who would you say is playing better right now, as we get close to March?

And we don’t even need to talk about resumes. It’s weird hill to die on.

TJ got the Iowa State job. And short of ncaa violations, he’s here for at least another 4 years. And everyone wants cw’s tweet about “Izzy” to be true (minus all the terrible off the court stuff). That doesn’t make today’s loss any less terrible.

But Calm down. Let’s see how the next three weeks go. People losing their minds isn’t helping

You are reading this the wrong way. Moser is a good coach (probably a border line elite coach) but it turns out that in the Big 12 he has struggled despite a roster that was immensely better than the one that T.J. has. OU was playing horrible 10 days ago. Who is to say that we won’t be playing better 10 days from now.

Reactions: Cyclones1969

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
OU has been struggling for sure, but for them, at least they have a game in Hilton coming up to help with their struggles.
They have? This week they blew out Tech and almost beat KU in Lawrence. Thats not struggling. That being said, I still would bet we beat them next Saturday at home.

rochclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2009
I love how Roch is convinced there are only 2 coaches in all of college basketball

Yep because comparing two first year head coaches who moved from mid-majors to the Big 12 is a terrible comp.

Reactions: JBone84

Cyclones1969

Jul 26, 2021
Whats tweet about Izzy mean?

I don’t do Twitter, but it was posted in the thread.

Apparently the Chris Williams, while drunk at a concert, and tweeted he believed TJ is going to be Iowa State’s Tom Izzo.

At least I hope he meant Izzo. Because I have no idea who Tom Izzy is, and if he can even coach a lick

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
They have? This week they blew out Tech and almost beat KU in Lawrence. Thats not struggling. That being said, I still would bet we beat them next Saturday at home.
They recently got hammered by OSU and lost at home to TCU. They’ve lost 4 of their last 5, but they have looked better than us.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
Obviously it’s not that simple, but TJ is getting paid millions to solve this problem. Thank you for proving the point of this thread that Chris isn’t asking him how he plans to solve the issue, or why the offensive sets aren’t changing

Again, because Chris is not covering basketball. Just because he talks about the team on podcasts does not mean he is going to the press conferences and asking questions.

rochclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2009

Well hopefully Oklahoma wins I can’t imagine how much it would suck for you if Iowa State turned things around next week.

• Haha
Reactions: Cyclones1969

Cyclones1969

Jul 26, 2021
You are reading this the wrong way. Moser is a good coach (probably a border line elite coach) but it turns out that in the Big 12 he has struggled despite a roster that was immensely better than the one that T.J. has. OU was playing horrible 10 days ago. Who is to say that we won’t be playing better 10 days from now.

Ahh. Gotcha.

Let’s hope these guys can regroup. I hope they take a day off. They need to get away from it

67CY

Apr 13, 2006

[/QUOTE]
Maybe it is discussed in the premium CF

Reactions: tim_redd

Trice

Apr 1, 2010
I agree, but I'm a pretty blunt speaker. I think it's important to make it known I am not here for BS answers or lip service.

I get it. I think that's where asking specific, narrow questions (without too much aggressiveness) comes in, and then pressing a coach for more detail if they offer only vague coachspeak.

Status
Not open for further replies.