NFL: Chief fans, time to e-mail KCCI!

2020cy

Aug 7, 2006
What a joke. The Chiefs better be ready for revenge, especially after I had to sit through the worst 1st half in chiefs history in Denver.

Senolcyc

Apr 20, 2010
KCCI is going Vikings vs Bills over Chiefs/Broncos:mad:

If you're going to e-mail, do it intelligently. The network makes the assignment. But if KCCI gets enough respectful, sane requests for the Chiefs game, it can ask CBS to switch. If a bunch of a-holes send a-hole e-mails, they will delete and ignore and you'll be stuck watching Favre on Sunday.

Last edited by a moderator:

Chizit

Dec 21, 2008
Section L, Row 11
What a joke. I've been able to watch the broncos twice this year. I guess at this point I don't really care much because of the way they are playing, but that's rediculous.

tman24

Feb 6, 2008
What a joke. I've been able to watch the broncos twice this year. I guess at this point I don't really care much because of the way they are playing, but that's rediculous.

Sadly I agree. I don't want anyone to watch the Broncos.

garn91

Jun 1, 2006
Ankeny
If you're going to e-mail, do it intelligently. The network makes the assignment. But if KCCI gets enough respectful, sane requests for the Chiefs game, it can ask CBS to switch. If a bunch of a-holes send a-hole e-mails, they will delete and ignore and you'll be stuck watching Favre on Sunday.

The local affiliates have more input that what we may think. KDSM has a viewer poll on their website letting fans vote for the game they want.

I've been swaping e-mails back and forth all season with a rep at KCCI and have had no issues.

ISUAlum2002

Apr 11, 2006
Toon Town, IA
Looks like I might have to get the few Bills fans I know and all of the Vikes fans I know to email KCCI to counter this push.

Not sure why. The Bills are horrible, and for the past few years when the Chiefs were horrible, I knew why KCCI wasn't putting them on TV. I would think that you could see why this is a terrible decision by KCCI. To put two non-playoff contending teams on while they have the chance to put on a game with playoff ramifications, not to mention being a huge division rivalry game, is ridiculous at best.

BigSkyCy2

Bookie
Aug 9, 2006
My guess is that KCCI doesn't get to air Vikings games very often (NFC contract with FOX), so they are taking the opportunity to air it if they can.

garn91

Jun 1, 2006
Ankeny
My guess is that KCCI doesn't get to air Vikings games very often (NFC contract with FOX), so they are taking the opportunity to air it if they can.

KCCI has aired the Vikings at least once, maybe twice this year. I'm sure advertisers are just thrilled that their ads are going to be airing during a game that has 5 combined wins between the two opponents instead of a division rivarly game that's being played in the closet NFL stadium to Des Moines with the home team in contention to win their division.

BigSkyCy2

Bookie
Aug 9, 2006
KCCI has aired the Vikings at least once, maybe twice this year. I'm sure advertisers are just thrilled that their ads are going to be airing during a game that has 5 combined wins between the two opponents instead of a division rivarly game that's being played in the closet NFL stadium to Des Moines with the home team in contention to win their division.

There has been one other time that they could have been on and that was the first game of the season against Miami. Also, the two teams have 6 combined wins.

atcarey

Nov 22, 2006
I'm guessing that advertisers will be happier if their ads are seen by the larger audience that a Vikings/Bills game will generate than a Chiefs game. That would be the only reason for KCCI to show Vikings/Bills, better ratings.

SuperCy

Nov 30, 2006
Smallville/Metropolis
Not sure why. The Bills are horrible, and for the past few years when the Chiefs were horrible, I knew why KCCI wasn't putting them on TV. I would think that you could see why this is a terrible decision by KCCI. To put two non-playoff contending teams on while they have the chance to put on a game with playoff ramifications, not to mention being a huge division rivalry game, is ridiculous at best.

Bad? Yes. Horrible? No. The record doesn't reflect how close their games have been. Here are six of their nine losses.

09/12 Miami 15-10
09/26 NE 38-30
10/24 Baltimore 37-34 (OT)
10/31 KC 13-10 (OT)
11/07 Chicago 22-19
11/28 Pittsburgh 19-16 (OT)

I don't think that they are horrible. They just haven't won the close games.

ISUAlum2002

Apr 11, 2006
Toon Town, IA
I'm guessing that advertisers will be happier if their ads are seen by the larger audience that a Vikings/Bills game will generate than a Chiefs game. That would be the only reason for KCCI to show Vikings/Bills, better ratings.

I don't think Vikings/Bills would generate better ratings than Chiefs/Broncos, not at this point in the season. If it was week 1-6 or so, then yes, I would agree. But the Vikings are out of it now, and the Bills were never in it. This game won't generate much interest locally.

Max57

Dec 18, 2008
Somewhere on Hwy 30
Plus for the people not in the Chiefs/Broncos camps, you have the Kyle Orton local angle. And as a Chiefs fan ... and as much as I hate to say it on this site ... the Tony Moeaki angle.