Cedar Rapids game watch

Rogue52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 20, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
I don't go to any bars in Marion.

I never go to Marion for few drinks. Cops are way to aggressive driving around with the speed cameras running and picking up anyone for a minor infraction.

I don’t really know what you are talking about here. I’ve lived in Marion for 6 years and never had a problem like this and I go out a lot regularly driving from downtown CR, through downtown Marion, and to my home. Louie’s is a one minute drive in from Cedar Rapids.

In any case, I agree with some here that it would be nice to try a different place, but it would be good to work through alumni association so it is actually coordinated. With basketball season coming up, perhaps we can do that since currently regular gamewatches aren’t sponsored. I reached out to try and help with that this season since I’d be willing to go to a Gamewatch for most basketball games. I agree Louie’s is not the best bet in CR, but they’ve done a nice job of catering to ISU fans even if Hawks are playing at same time.

Reactions: wxman1

Rogue52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 20, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
Back to back gamewatches in Cedar Rapids starting tomorrow. I will be in Ames on Saturday, but plan on being at Louie’s for the basketball game.

Basketball: Iowa State @ Mizzou
WHEN:
Friday, Nov. 10
Time: 7:30 PM - 10:00 PM
Tip-off at 8 PM

Football: #15 Oklahoma State @ #21 Iowa State
Saturday, Nov. 11
Time: 11 AM - 2 PM
Kickoff at 11 AM

WHERE:
Louie’s Scoreboard
740 10th Street
Marion, IA 52302
319-826-2309
www.louiesscoreboard.com

Jeffwork

Mar 9, 2007
Cedar Rapids, IA
Local Craft Ale House - 4001 Center Point Rd NE, Cedar Rapids, IA 52402 will have it. this used to be Prime Time, new owners. If you are in to craft beer they have a variety from all over Iowa.

Reactions: Messi

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
Tanner's had a short 5 month run. I think the only place that had a shorter run in CR was the brand new RockTop (now Axel's). I think Rocktop lasted 4-5 weeks. It amazes me how people build restaraunts and right away they learn they can't make money.
Rocktop was a ****-show

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
I don’t really know what you are talking about here. I’ve lived in Marion for 6 years and never had a problem like this and I go out a lot regularly driving from downtown CR, through downtown Marion, and to my home. Louie’s is a one minute drive in from Cedar Rapids.

In any case, I agree with some here that it would be nice to try a different place, but it would be good to work through alumni association so it is actually coordinated. With basketball season coming up, perhaps we can do that since currently regular gamewatches aren’t sponsored. I reached out to try and help with that this season since I’d be willing to go to a Gamewatch for most basketball games. I agree Louie’s is not the best bet in CR, but they’ve done a nice job of catering to ISU fans even if Hawks are playing at same time.

Agree. I've liven in Marion for 2 decades and have gotten 1 speeding ticket. I ALWAYS speed.

However, I do hate the drive to Cedar Rapids and will be moving. I actually don't like Marion. :)

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
For as bad as Axels and Rocktop were 30 hop is amazing. I go there legitimately once a week
Went there once. I didn't find it amazing at all. I'm probably too cheap but I thought it was overpriced. Not bad food or anything like that. In fact, they have some neat menu items. I can't say I know how they taste!

Looks like I may need to give it another try.

Rogue52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 20, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
Local Craft Ale House - 4001 Center Point Rd NE, Cedar Rapids, IA 52402 will have it. this used to be Prime Time, new owners. If you are in to craft beer they have a variety from all over Iowa.

Local Craft will play audio of the Iowa football game at the same time. Just a warning if anyone takes that on.

• Informative

Messi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2011
Cedar Rapids
Updating this list for potential game watch locations for b-ball this winter

• 30 Hop
  • Mr B’s Bar and Sams pizza (owner is ISU grad)
  • Local Craft Ale house (never been but heard good things)
  • Bricks
  • Clock House
  • Kickstand
  • Starlite room

• Agree
Reactions: CYdways432

snowcraig2.0

Nov 2, 2007
Cedar Rapids, IA
Updating this list for potential game watch locations for b-ball this winter

• 30 Hop
  • Mr B’s Bar and Sams pizza (owner is ISU grad)
  • Local Craft Ale house (never been but heard good things)
  • Bricks
  • Clock House
  • Kickstand
  • Starlite room

I'd add Brick Alley in Marion to the list.

Rogue52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 20, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
This is true of virtually any bar in Cedar Rapids. Games are on different times this weekend so it won't be an issue.

The more recent question in this thread was about the basketball game on PAC 12 Network not the football game later that night. The basketball game is on at the same time as the Iowa football game.

The original thread was from two years ago.

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
Local Craft just added a FB event for the Iowa game so just beware if you go there.