Minneapolis
ms hewitt can put me to bed

giphy.gif
She'll have breakfast ready in the morning
OUDHKpq.gif

urb1

Jan 23, 2010
Urbandale
I concur. Most of us who have been around a long time have lived through far worse than what we are currently seeing. However, apathy is the enemy here. If the fans cease caring about the teams because the product being offered is so poor the programs suffer immense damage.

ISU is a hard place to win at when the fans are engaged and everyone is pulling together. Winning at ISU is a very fragile thing and difficult to repair once broken.

... and for far longer.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I understand that. From what I seen, Cam wasn't putting himself in the best positions the season prior. But why allow a player to rejoin a team and not utilize him? If he were as cancerous as some indicate, why not remove him from the program? As good as Jacobson was in the first stretch of the season, a point came where he needed to be replaced with Lard and it never happened. I'm not saying Lard followed his end of the bargain, but to present the optics as if he did and then to not properly utilize him doesn't make sense to me. All I'm saying is if Lard was a cancer to the program, he should have been removed from the team.

Because there was also an option to help with the betterment of a player that would go beyond basketball.

• Winner
Reactions: isufbcurt

jcisuclones

Nov 23, 2011
Ames, IA
Does anyone know what exactly Lard did to be in dog house last season? I hear a lot about him being a "cancer" but what does that imply?
A lot of it was attitude problems. One of the games he was suspended for last year was because he showed up 45 minutes late to practice (presumably high on the green plant stuff that is legal in Illinois now), Steve told him to get on the line to run sprints, and he laughed and said "**** no" and walked out.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
A lot of it was attitude problems. One of the games he was suspended for last year was because he showed up 45 minutes late to practice (presumably high on the green plant stuff that is legal in Illinois now), Steve told him to get on the line to run sprints, and he laughed and said "**** no" and walked out.

And he didn't even start!!!??

• Funny
Reactions: Dingus

Cy$

Sep 1, 2011
Ames
That fans that are critical of this team and this coach are somehow rooting for the team to lose or are lesser fans? The crowd at the game was locked, loaded, and ready to explode if given the opportunity by this team. 14,000+ to watch a 7-6 team that got blown out by its rival and lost to a 1-9 Florida A&M team.

Save the lectures about being "good" or "loyal" fans. Iowa State fans have proven that over and over and over again. We can cheer on this team AND be wondering what the hell the future looks like and where this program is going.

End rant.
you could have just tagged @Cat Stevens

Cloneon

Oct 29, 2015
West Virginia
It's also fair to ask the lunatic fringe to step back and look at the full picture and try to at least acknowledge why our roster looks the way it does right now.
Maybe it's because they recruit so well in spurts that we had one and dones or two and dones. The much despised Self clearly admitted during our tournaments runs that having 4 year players is better than having McDonald All Americans which leave after 1 or 2 years. So, yes, in part you are correct. We need to recruit fringe McDonald All Americans who will remain with the program 4-5 years.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron