Bowen Born

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Born gets pulled less than 3 min into the game because of his defense. They were trying to isolate him on the ball or post him up every play

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
IMO the Panthers have picked up their pace on offense the last couple years. They did score 87 points today.

Pretty amazing to see a team lose and make 20 three pointers AND made a solid %.

Born can be a nice player at UNI, but the high school hot-shot high volume shooter approach is going to be a battle of wills between Born and Jacobson. I just watched 2nd half and believe there were 2 situations where Jacobson yanked Born from the game because of ill-advised shots.

Didn't watch Born's defense too much. Did notice one possession where he was out of position in a secondary break situation.

Born's freshman year is going to be a process of the UNI Coaches getting some bad HS tendencies out of his game.

Will be interesting to see if Foster goes through a similar adjustment.

Defensive issues abound.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Born gets pulled less than 3 min into the game because of his defense. They were trying to isolate him on the ball or post him up every play

Jacobson must have got it figured out. D doesn't appear to be an issue in the 2nd half. Just hit 3rd trey in the 2nd half.

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
Their team D is an issue. 16 point lead down to 2.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Their team D is an issue. 16 point lead down to 2.

I think you're looking for issues that really don't exist. Up 8 at half, score the 1st eight to stretch it to 16. I think a UNI scoring drought better explains the come back.

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
I think you're looking for issues that really don't exist. Up 8 at half, score the 1st eight to stretch it to 16. I think a UNI scoring drought better explains the come back.

Or committing dumb fouls and giving up opportunities for second chance points.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
Whose minutes does he take?

Who has played so well their minutes should be guaranteed? Bolton is soft, a huge defensive liability and disappears for long stretches, JCL has 10 turnovers in 2 games, Harris shoots well but doesn't appear to be able to create his own shot and again, atrocious on defense. Born wouldn't be the savior but none of our guards are irreplaceable. We have a team full of role players that don't fit well together and none fill the role Born would bring.

• Winner
Reactions: xboxfever

Help Support Us

Become a patron