Bill possibly retiring?

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
JP probably has the best perspective if Billy would be a great choice based on Billy's leadership, organization, recruiting, etc.

Personally, if Bill wanted Billy to be his successor it would have been best for Billy to become a head coach elsewhere to develop his own W/L history. ISU will have its pick of some very successful head coaches if the job does open up.

It kind of seems like everyone see's Billy as a TJ Otz type coach. Like yeah we really love you but go ahead and go prove it and we would glad to see you back coaching our team someday if you succeed.

Reactions: savepolarbears

runbikeswim

Oct 23, 2014
Regardless of how this goes, I suspect we will see the largest WBB coach contract ever come out of this.

mwwbbfan

Jun 1, 2010
Iowa City, IA
My vote for her replacement is KM from Baylor. But I see maybe Louisville's coach as a replacement.

There was an article on one website (don't remember which one) that speculated on KM being a candidate for the LSU Men's job. It said that she was asked about it and would consider it - no idea if LSU would be interested. I do think at some point a prominent WBB coach will take over a men's program.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
And again, another coaching rumor, another extension. Pollard is having none of it. Lock up this thread.

Not really a rumor, just a reaction to the coaches own reflections after the loss. I don't think anyone who follows the WBB with anything more than a passing interest seriously thought he was going to retire.

Especially with a $300,000 retention bonus due this summer. :rolleyes:

• Agree
Reactions: Tornado man

Help Support Us

Become a patron