Big10 rumors today

cyIclSoneU

Apr 7, 2016
I haven't heard that the Big10 has signed their new deal. But I do agree that they will bust the bank and sign a deal similar to the SEC. Probably just a question whether FOX ties up all Big10 media rights or they split with ESPN.

I don't think FOX has the capacity for all things B1G, unless either (1) FOX basically drops the Big 12 and Pac-12 entirely or (2) the B1G is comfortable with streaming on BTN To Go or whatever they call it. With FOX you get FOX and FS1. With ESPN, you get ABC, ESPN, ESPN2, and ESPNU.

ESPN has the size to absorb the entire SEC media right contract but FOX probably cannot do the same with the B1G unless some unexpected decisions are made.

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
I don't think FOX has the capacity for all things B1G, unless either (1) FOX basically drops the Big 12 and Pac-12 entirely or (2) the B1G is comfortable with streaming on BTN To Go or whatever they call it. With FOX you get FOX and FS1. With ESPN, you get ABC, ESPN, ESPN2, and ESPNU.

ESPN has the size to absorb the entire SEC media right contract but FOX probably cannot do the same with the B1G unless some unexpected decisions are made.
That is a question FOX & ESPN will have to ask- what conferences do they want to televise.

ESPN is committed to the SEC and ACC conferences into the 2030's. Sure ESPN can leverage the SEC & ACC Networks, but they will want high interest games on ABC or ESPN. With ESPN2 & ESPNU capable of showing some games.

FOX is not too far off- they can use FOX, FS1 & FS2. I would think if FOX decides to pursue media right deal with Big12 or Pac12 it would involve setting up a Big12 Network or purchase Pac12 Network assets.

RustShack

Chiefs Dynasty
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park
USC and UCLA. to the big 10 and now with a coast to coast conference ND will probably follow. Making a 17 member conference. Best case scenario they decide to go 5 pods of 4 teams. do we sneak into the big10? i’m sorry but i’m not getting up for the current big 12 + additions.. maybe if we can add arizona and asu..lots on the table for the new commissioner… will pollard and Allvarez connection help at all?
No

• Agree
  • Winner
Reactions: Big_Sill and Cyclad

Remo Gaggi

Aug 28, 2018
USC and UCLA. to the big 10 and now with a coast to coast conference ND will probably follow. Making a 17 member conference. Best case scenario they decide to go 5 pods of 4 teams. do we sneak into the big10? i’m sorry but i’m not getting up for the current big 12 + additions.. maybe if we can add arizona and asu..lots on the table for the new commissioner… will pollard and Allvarez connection help at all?
Never going to happen and that’s ok.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
ISU has a medical school, trouble is animals don’t vote or watch sports.;)
The hell they don’t

4554d9cf2116c0f06dfcebd7ba7221fe.jpg