Big Ten Meltdowns

3rdCoastClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 15, 2017
Gulf Coast of Texas
The irrational meltdowns on Big Ten message boards are predictable and entertaining. The P3 conferences are living in their heads.

Last edited:

knowlesjam

Oct 21, 2012
Papillion, NE
The resounding silence from the PAC teams says it all here. They meekly followed the BIG announcement by 30 minutes or so...simply a *itch to the BIG. The BIG has to hold the line now as their chips are on the table. It will either be a good decision...or not. Time will tell.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
The irrational meltdowns on Big Ten message boards are predictable and entertaining. The P3 conferences are living in their heads.

tenor.gif

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
The resounding silence from the PAC teams says it all here. They meekly followed the BIG announcement by 30 minutes or so...simply a *itch to the BIG. The BIG has to hold the line now as their chips are on the table. It will either be a good decision...or not. Time will tell.
I don’t think the PAC was ever going to play, they probably just didn’t want to be the only one though.

GMackey32

TJ's spy team member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 2, 2009
Ames Via Cedar Falls
From our friends over on the Hawkeye Nation board ....

View attachment 74574
That was my exact explanation to a Hawk homer here at work, except he was trying to convince me that the B1G was going to convince all conferences to play starting January 1. He didn't get it through his head that there isn't enough domed stadiums to feasibly start on Jan 1.

Reactions: CyBobby

erikbj

Aug 31, 2006
hiawatha, ia
What is going to be different in January versus October? The virus is still here - if their is a vaccine, college football players are not going to be the first to get it. Plus they will not be in the middle of flu season.

Their is zero chance they play in the Spring.

• Agree
Reactions: Acylum and aauummm

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
It would funny if the big XII publicly reached out to Ohio State and asked if they wanted to play in the big XII for one season, get them to openly say yes we want to play in the big XII and then spin on them and go whoops, I guess our schedules are full. OSU is the team that will bust up the big ten if anybody does. Get the other schools to see it for what it is and it will have issues.

• Informative
Reactions: CyBobby

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
If anyone "followed" anyone else I believe it was more like the Big followed the Pac.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
It's hilarious/ridiculous to me that Warren is getting so much flack for this. It's so much messenger blaming. He didn't make this decision. He operates at the behest of the university leaders. The decision was made by them.

Warren can be blamed for phrasing, certainly but he's limited in that as well. Like the vote, for example. Fans want the results made public. That's not Warren's call. Those university presidents have zero desire to have their votes known.

I guess it's Warren's job to be the figurehead and take the heat, but it just makes me laugh that fans can't/won't see that and insist that this is all his fault.

NenoFone

Feb 12, 2013
WDM
I imagine UNI would be more than happy to rent the UNI Dome to B1G schools, for a nice fee. There is also Minneapolis, Indianapolis, Detroit. Does St. Louis still have a domed stadium? Jerry World, can you see OSU v Michigan in the heart of Arlington, TX. There are domed stadiums in North and South Dakota, plus Idaho. Plenty of stadiums to go around.

Reactions: Cy4Lifer

erikbj

Aug 31, 2006
hiawatha, ia
It's hilarious/ridiculous to me that Warren is getting so much flack for this. It's so much messenger blaming. He didn't make this decision. He operates at the behest of the university leaders. The decision was made by them.

Warren can be blamed for phrasing, certainly but he's limited in that as well. Like the vote, for example. Fans want the results made public. That's not Warren's call. Those university presidents have zero desire to have their votes known.

I guess it's Warren's job to be the figurehead and take the heat, but it just makes me laugh that fans can't/won't see that and insist that this is all his fault.

But when schools say there was not a vote and he said there was a vote. Players and coaches are demanding the truth. This guys goal is to the commissioner of the NFL someday - he is not off to a good start.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
How long is their GOR and TV contracts for? That could be an interesting time leading up to them with the ability Warren has showed so far.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron