Big men at iowa state...

clonefreek

Jun 24, 2009
ames
Why cant we get them? I mean it has been a trend with multiple coaches...Jameel Mckay is the best big man we have had in the last 10 years now. Royce was good as well but those 2 combined for 2.5 seasons. Why dont big men recruits want to come here? Or why is it when they do they get in trouble and dont pan out? (Xavier, Cam Lard, Conditt)

globogym6

Jan 12, 2019
I can't fault TJ on year 1 with this especially knowing he did have Foster up until the season started.

My bigger question is why we continue to try and cram the ball into the extended High Post to start the offense. That is the equivalent to waterboarding to me.

I understand it, it just doesn’t work well with the players we have. Get the ball to the high post to create space in the lane for cutters. We just have careless passers and nobody but Brockington will drive to the hoop.

clonefreek

Jun 24, 2009
ames
I can't fault TJ on year 1 with this especially knowing he did have Foster up until the season started.

My bigger question is why we continue to try and cram the ball into the extended High Post to start the offense. That is the equivalent to waterboarding to me.
Thats how the offense ran when we had Niang and it was beautiful. George Conditt and robert jones isnt even close to Niang lol

Messi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2011
Cedar Rapids
Conditt and Jones basically are no threat to score. So get them away from the hoop, sad thing is the only way to pull the defender away from the basket is to give them the ball at the free throw line.

But it’s the passers fault

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Why cant we get them? I mean it has been a trend with multiple coaches...Jameel Mckay is the best big man we have had in the last 10 years now. Royce was good as well but those 2 combined for 2.5 seasons. Why dont big men recruits want to come here? Or why is it when they do they get in trouble and dont pan out? (Xavier, Cam Lard, Conditt)

Do you not remember these three guys?

1645028709563.png

loyalsons4evertrue

Sep 18, 2020
I'm sure we'll get some with TJ. With Hoiberg and Prohm, they were very guard centered teams. I think TJ would like to have a really good post player, he's just in year 1 and hasn't gotten "his" roster put together just yet. Hopefully if we can get to the NCAA tourney, we will be attractive in the transfer portal. Would be nice to get a big from one of the P6 programs

• Agree
Reactions: Statefan10

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
Accurate, Jones missed an absolute bunny last night, and he missed it by a freaking mile.

Was that the putback? He got the rebound in traffic, but ended up straight legged, then threw it up out of rhythm on his jump. Way too hard off the backboard. Half a pump fake, little bit of contact, just all out of sorts. It happens.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Idk what the heck has happened with Bob but he’s been essentially unplayable lately. George has been “okay”.

Hope TJ goes after some legit big men in the portal. I know there will be a lot of suitors after them but getting a big that’s not a liability 75% of the time would be a breath of fresh air.