Big 12 Volleyball Transfers

SMP05

Oct 10, 2015
I don't know if anyone pays a lot of attention to the other teams in our conference, but there have been a lot of players from other Big 12 teams transferring the last month or so. Although, we want to be a top contender in the conference year after year, we also need to have a strong conference. The last couple of years we have had a lot of comments made about Texas and Baylor being in a "weak conference" which doesn't help us NCAA tournament time.
*Note: I have not done my research on who has been recruited for the 2020 season yet.

Here are the transfers so far:

Kansas:
OH - Junior, Camryn Ennis to Texas A&M
OH - Sophomore, Morgon Chriton to Texas A&M
OP - Sophomore, Rachel Hickman to Northern Colorado
*Ennis is a huge loss for them as she was the main setter her freshman year, then went to the outside her sophomore year. Very versatile player.

Kansas State:
OH - Sophomore, Anna Dixon to Missouri
OP - Junior, Gloriia Mutiri to Oregon
*Dixon was on the All-Big 12 Freshman Team, although she seemed to be a spark for them, you didn't really see her full potential being used IMO.

TCU:
OH - Senior, Ashley Waggle to George Washington
OH - Junior, eLan McCall to ?
**McCall is a tough player to lose, although she has been saddled with injuries and didn't see the front row again until the end of the season this year.

West Virginia:
OH - Junior, Kristina Jordan to ? OR (listed as No Longer on Roster)
OH - Junior, Macy McElhaney to Marshall
Libero - Junior, Abby Gibbons (listed as No Longer on Roster)
Libero - Senior, Ava Richards (listed as No Longer on Roster)
*Jordan is a dynamic player ~ I hope she continues to play somewhere.

Players TRANSFERRING into the Big 12:

To Baylor:
OH - Sophomore Lauren Harrison from UNC

To Texas:
OH - Capri Davis from Nebraska

To Texas Tech:
OH - Senior, Samantha Sanders from Texas A&M

To TCU:
MB - Sophomore, McKayla Myers from Washington State

cykadelic2

Jun 10, 2006
The no sit out rule for VB transfers makes for some roster poaching by programs really needing to fill a position gap externally. Not sure if ISU will be involved but I am thinking a couple of the DS/Ls may leave the program due to the current and projected overload there.

Last edited:

SMP05

Oct 10, 2015
UPDATE:
* eLan McCall from TCU is transferring to UCLA
* Kristina Jordan from WVU is transferring to Cal Poly

Royalclone

Jun 22, 2008
Lee's Summit, MO
The no sit out rule for VB transfers makes for some roster poaching by programs really needing to fill a position gap externally. Not sure if ISU will be involved but I am thinking a couple of the DS/Ls may leave the program due to the current and projected overload there.

Surely there is no tampering going on;)

Volleyball is a small enough community with all the clubs there are plenty of channels for coaches to send out feelers that are hard to trace.

iowa_wildcat

Jan 25, 2008
Ames
The Kansas State players that left were the teams' best players. I suspect the head coach will be gone after this season as her contract was not extended or renewed.

SMP05

Oct 10, 2015
The Kansas State players that left were the teams' best players. I suspect the head coach will be gone after this season as her contract was not extended or renewed.
I thought her contract was through 2020, unless I am mistaken. She has been there a long time, but the last couple of years have been rough.

SMP05

Oct 10, 2015
Riley Fisbeck, Setter from Texas is transferring to Alabama. (Did not see playing time.)
Alison Thomas, DS from Cleveland State, transferring to West Virginia.

SMP05

Oct 10, 2015
Shelby Martin, Senior Setter from East Carolina is transferring to Kansas State.

Anezka Szabo, Redshirt Junior, Right Side/Outside Hitter from Nebraska transferring to Kansas
Paige Shaw, Junior, OH from Mississippi State to Kansas as well.

Last edited: