Big 12 tourney

flander1649

Apr 20, 2006
Kansas City
Visit site
I just thought I would start a thread to talk about people's plans for the Big 12 tourney. The KC alumni group holding a happy hour Wednesday night at Kelly's from 5 to 9 or close if you prefer. We have also set up Bar Louie in the P&L as a "home base" for ISU fans to congregate while down there before, after and during the games. Bar Louie is just outside the KC live block across the street from Gordon Bierch.

Hopefully the men can win on Saturday so fans can make it to both the men's and women's games on Thursday.

zmanzbo

Apr 11, 2006
We will be down there and are going to try to get tix but if they are too much we are just going to watch it somewhere.

What is that Bar Louie place like? Not sure I have been in there before. Plenty of TV's, etc?

Reactions: ajk4st8

cstrunk

Mar 21, 2006
Longview, TX
Definitely need to win on Saturday so we don't play early on Thursday.

We're planning on staying in Westport just a few blocks from Kelly's. We'll hang out in the P&L district most of the time and get cabs to our hotel. We'll also be looking to scalp tickets, I know it's not going to be cheap.

Max57

Dec 18, 2008
Somewhere on Hwy 30
Assuming we win on Saturday and get the 3 seed ...
If we arrive at the Sprint Center area around 6:30 PM or so, will there be scalpers with tix? What's your estimate on price?

jr4cy

Nov 13, 2008
If we arrive at the Sprint Center area around 6:30 PM or so, will there be scalpers with tix? What's your estimate on price?[/QUOTE]

Yes plenty, getting there after the 1st game of the 3rd session tickets should be around $30-40 min. I would think. If you want to get in before the 3rd session starts, you're looking at $50-60 min upper level tickets IMO.

MissouriCyclone

Jul 24, 2011
Raleigh, North Carolina
I'm hoping we win on Saturday. Have a test at 9:30 on Thursday so wouldn't be able to make the early game. However if we win I'll be able to make it. Dad is trying to get his company's suite on half court so hopefully that works as well. If not I may it down the P&L to see what the Cyclones are doing.

critter632

Mar 2, 2012
We will be down there and are going to try to get tix but if they are too much we are just going to watch it somewhere.

What is that Bar Louie place like? Not sure I have been in there before. Plenty of TV's, etc?

I have a single ticket for sessions 1-3 let me know. Can pick it up on Wed in KC if you want session. If not please pass on this email to those who need a ticket. I can sell them cheap let me know. [email protected]

critter632

Mar 2, 2012
If we arrive at the Sprint Center area around 6:30 PM or so, will there be scalpers with tix? What's your estimate on price?[/QUOTE]

Yes plenty, getting there after the 1st game of the 3rd session tickets should be around $30-40 min. I would think. If you want to get in before the 3rd session starts, you're looking at $50-60 min upper level tickets IMO.
What sess do you need. I have 1 & 3 will sell cheap both for $75, that is below cost. I can sell session 2 if you want that too. 4 & 5 would be $95/each.
sec 202 behind hoop single ticket aisle seat extra leg room
let me know [email protected]

critter632

Mar 2, 2012
Definitely need to win on Saturday so we don't play early on Thursday.

We're planning on staying in Westport just a few blocks from Kelly's. We'll hang out in the P&L district most of the time and get cabs to our hotel. We'll also be looking to scalp tickets, I know it's not going to be cheap.
Do you want a ticket for session 3? I have 1 ticket behind hoop sec 202. sell it at cost? $50?
[email protected] will sell session 2 $75 or sess 4/5 for $100 all is OBO
make an offer I can meet you on Wed evening? Buy complete package for $350.