Big 12 Statement 9.1.2021

Cyclones1969

Jul 26, 2021
Perfect example of two sets of rules.

You continue to troll unabated.

That’s what you call a lack of integrity.

Your obsession with silencing those you disagree with is weird. It’s ok to have more than one voice in the room.

no one here is silencing you, Trent. But you should at least be honest here that you are who you are.

Why won’t you answer the question Trent? You graduated from uni. So they are your we, right?

Do your bosses know you do this? Do they approve?

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I think BYU, Cincy, UCF, and Houston makes the most sense.
It would he a hell of a bball conference.

If we need to expand 5, 10 years, Memphis and Boise are easy adds.

Cloneon

Oct 29, 2015
West Virginia
My position has been consistent since the OU, TX news. And everything that has happened since then supports that. This is a wish, not a reality.

Would your money, after the news of the intention to expand, still be on an invite from a P4?

Also, subtracting TX/OU and adding those four teams does not equal a power conference. In an expanded playoff, we still have access. We still have a football team. But it’s not a power conference.
What, in your mind, constitutes a power conference?

Mesaclone1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 9, 2009
Mesa, AZ
I figured Bowlsby wouldn’t say anything. He really didn’t. I’m also not sure how this is posturing? For legal reasons, you must assert that you are doing everything possible to mitigate damage…thus the posturing. Every indication says no other conferences want any of the remaining Big 12 schools. There have been no such “indications. Every statement thus far about expansion has been wrapped around the phrase “for now”. Getting left out of the alliance is another indicator. No it is not, whilst OUT is still in the Big 12 we couldn’t be included. This certainly isn’t doomsday like many think, but our AD will take a hit. Think what you will, but that is based on…air vapor.

cyIclSoneU

Apr 7, 2016
Daniel Valente says Big 12 wants:

BYU
UCF
Houston
Cincinnati

A Big 12 West with ISU, KU, KSU, OSU, Tech, and BYU preserves a lot of rivalries.

it also is not ideal for recruiting (all the good recruiting ground is in the East) - could see TCU brought in and probably ISU would get flipped to the East in that case.

The Far Cyde

Sep 15, 2019
What, in your mind, constitutes a power conference?
Thank you for the productive question. I think you have to look at several factors: recruiting rankings, NFL draft picks, CFP appearances, national championships.

And then on top of those very quantifiable measures, there is unfortunately the eye test. If you don’t have big brands, you won’t be viewed as a power conference.

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
Thank you for the productive question. I think you have to look at several factors: recruiting rankings, NFL draft picks, CFP appearances, national championships.

And then on top of those very quantifiable measures, there is unfortunately the eye test. If you don’t have big brands, you won’t be viewed as a power conference.

This is hilarious.

CloneJD

May 14, 2020
The power conference designation is going away being the top 6 conference champs have auto invites in the new playoff structure.

• Optimistic
Reactions: Lemmiwinks

cycfan1

Nov 27, 2006
Ames
I think BYU, Cincy, UCF, and Houston makes the most sense.
It would he a hell of a bball conference.

If we need to expand 5, 10 years, Memphis and Boise are easy adds.

Big East is a heck of a basketball conference.
How many people care?

Reactions: Cyclones1969

TheHelgo

Mar 20, 2006
you’re not here to discuss Iowa State athletics, you’re here to troll.

Trent I remember you from 1650 days, you were in your correct lane there. You should have stayed in that hour a day show they gave you then
This, ironically, is trolling. And it has been reported.

But my guess would be the mods here have two different sets of rules:

One for the people who tow the line, and stay in their place.

And another for those who have opinions they don’t like.

Can you guys maybe take the personal beef offline? I'm not trying to offend anyone, but it's getting tiring.

Cloneon

Oct 29, 2015
West Virginia

Thank you. How far back in history for national championships one has to go to 'weigh' current value is, imo, a questionable metric. More recent continued success is a different matter.
How many teams do you think a 'new' division would need to be successful? And, of course, if it is larger than the current SEC, what teams would have to be poached to drive this new division? Here, I'm trying to gauge what 'other' brands need to be poached and your metrics 'outside' of those other brands which constitute a rise in divisional prowess.

Clyde4cy

Oct 22, 2018

The SEC is the only “power conference” given the above criteria.

Help Support Us

Become a patron