Big 12/Big Monday Schedule

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
I'm a student and didn't get basketball tickets through the stupid lottery system they put in this year. Luckily I held on to my $150 season tickets I've had since Royce's year. The way they gave out tickets this year to students was dumb.
What? All you did was buy them. There was no lottery.
This. Wallen, are you an incoming student? If so there was a lottery and you can't control whether you get tickets or not. If you were a current student, then that's only your fault for not getting tickets. They send out multiple emails saying get your tickets.

CyFan61

Oct 25, 2010
Big Ten schedule was released today. Not much in terms of GameDay considerations for 1/17 (our home game vs. Kansas that has a chance at it) as the best game on their slate that day is Ohio State @ Iowa.

CyFan61

Oct 25, 2010
Still looking at College Gameday potential for KU @ ISU on January 17. I'm keeping an eye on the other major conference schedules to see what the competition might be.

The ACC announced their schedule today. On Jan. 17, the ACC has no night games. Their best game during the day is Duke @ Louisville, scheduled for noon (Eastern) on ESPN/ESPN2. I don't know much about College Gameday for basketball, so correct me if I am wrong, but I really don't think they go to a game scheduled to be played at noon.

Also, I already mentioned that the Big Ten's best game on that date is Ohio State @ Iowa, so I don't think that's a real threat to KU-ISU either.

I just checked the SEC schedule and they have no good options on that day either.

I didn't find the Pac-12 schedule, so still waiting on that. Maybe a UCLA-Arizona game or something would top KU-ISU, if it fell on Jan. 17.

Other than that though, this seems like it has a good chance. Although I did notice that the Big 12 may have edited the page with game times that was previously linked here. What originally said "5:00 or 8:00" for this game now says "TBD."

twocoach

Jan 13, 2014
Omaha
Still looking at College Gameday potential for KU @ ISU on January 17. I'm keeping an eye on the other major conference schedules to see what the competition might be. The ACC announced their schedule today. On Jan. 17, the ACC has no night games. Their best game during the day is Duke @ Louisville, scheduled for noon (Eastern) on ESPN/ESPN2. I don't know much about College Gameday for basketball, so correct me if I am wrong, but I really don't think they go to a game scheduled to be played at noon. Also, I already mentioned that the Big Ten's best game on that date is Ohio State @ Iowa, so I don't think that's a real threat to KU-ISU either. I just checked the SEC schedule and they have no good options on that day either. I didn't find the Pac-12 schedule, so still waiting on that. Maybe a UCLA-Arizona game or something would top KU-ISU, if it fell on Jan. 17. Other than that though, this seems like it has a good chance. Although I did notice that the Big 12 may have edited the page with game times that was previously linked here. What originally said "5:00 or 8:00" for this game now says "TBD."
Game times can be easily changed if needed to suit the needs of TV coverage. It happens all the time.

twocoach

Jan 13, 2014
Omaha
I am still pretty shocked how behind the scheduling in general is this year. ESPN had their College Game Day schedule out on August 14th last year and all schedules were announced by this time. Strange.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
I am still pretty shocked how behind the scheduling in general is this year. ESPN had their College Game Day schedule out on August 14th last year and all schedules were announced by this time. Strange.

Im assuming they are waiting on the Pac 12 to announce their schedule. Pac 12 had their schedule announced in June last year.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
Game times can be easily changed if needed to suit the needs of TV coverage. It happens all the time.

This is very true but pry only has negative implications for ISU/KU Gameday. ESPN would drool at L'ville/Duke matchup. They'd change that tip off before ours.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron