Better Call Saul

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
We're all BB fans and we all know that "no one get's out of the BB universe alive". But I've heard that Gilligan / Gould don't intend to kill Kim. Anyway, I really hope they don't because I think it would come across as lazy writing.

I've also seen baseless internet speculation that if not killed, some sort of schism must occur between Jimmy / Kim to explain her absence from BB. My favorite theory so far is that she get's with Howard (lolz).

Here's my two part question:

a) Is it plausible that Jimmy (Saul) & Kim remained married during the course of his run on BB and she just never appears, that she's at home or at work or whatever... Exhibit a - they specifically mention the fact that they won't wear wedding rings (explaining why the married Saul is never seen with one during BB).

b) If Kim were just in the background is it plausible that Omaha Jimmy (Gene) will link back up with Kim in the next and final season of BCS? Or even next week during the S5 finale?

I feel like a really cool way to end the series would be for the black and white Gene vignettes to become where the story is set.

My favorite theory is that Kim is "Max Extracted" out of New Mexico by Ed at Best Quality Vacuum. To do it, Saul has to hustle Lalo and Nacho for the money, which is what he's referencing when we first meet him in season 2 of Breaking Bad.

Reactions: 1UNI2ISU

1UNI2ISU

Jan 30, 2013
Waterloo
I don't think there's anything big and dramatic for Kim. The two most plausible scenarios for me are:

1) She grew up in Nebraska. She simply decides to leave Jimmy/Saul/Gene and moves home and then Jimmy/Saul/Gene asks Ed the Disappearer to try to get him into Nebraska so that he can try to win her back.

2) She never goes anywhere and we just don't see her during Breaking Bad. She knows what Saul is up to and seems to be able to deal with the dishonesty and doesn't truly want to know the details of what Saul has gotten into. Hell, she knows he was in the middle of shootout and then lied to Lalo to cover him. Jimmy/Saul/Gene asks Ed the Disappearer to relocate both of them and we just didn't see her when Walter got to the vacuum shop because Kim was much easier to get out of ABQ.

I don't think she's killed and I don't think they have a big, dramatic, principle-filled break up.

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown
My favorite theory is that Kim is "Max Extracted" out of New Mexico by Ed at Best Quality Vacuum. To do it, Saul has to hustle Lalo and Nacho for the money, which is what he's referencing when we first meet him in season 2 of Breaking Bad.

But that would have already had to have been filmed :(

JD720

Jan 3, 2009
I read somewhere that they filmed what they needed with him when they shot El Camino.
That would be ideal, but I don't think it would be necessary if they go that route. You'd just need Saul to call the number, ask for the special part and then show Kim being picked up in the van.

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
Whoever the actor is that plays Lalo knows how to come across as a complete sociopath.

He's been right up there with Giancarlo Esposito this season.
I started wearing depends for the show

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
I must've missed something, thinking we were in the final season of BCS. I'll take more saul, no complaints, but damn I don't want to wait 2 years for it

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
I must've missed something, thinking we were in the final season of BCS. I'll take more saul, no complaints, but damn I don't want to wait 2 years for it
One more season, hopefully won't have to wait as long this time. COVID has messed up filming schedules though for tv & film so hopefully won't push it back too far.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
One more season, hopefully won't have to wait as long this time. COVID has messed up filming schedules though for tv & film so hopefully won't push it back too far.
This concerns me too. Seems like with each season since 3, they've have longer waits between season premieres. COVID seems like a good excuse for a pushback, when in past few years they haven't even needed one

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
Here we go last episode of the season. Wonder how crazy it gets tonight?

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
Oh sh*t, Lalo is going to go on a rampage.

Also Kim has lost her got damn mind.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron