B12 Board

BraveKnight

Dec 5, 2021
Sorry for the registration taking forever guys, trying to get it solved with the administration.

BraveKnight

Dec 5, 2021
The registration issue has been addressed, all of your accounts should be activated and you should be able to post now.

Reactions: DarkStar

BraveKnight

Dec 5, 2021
Tried to register and post on your Big12 site, took me about 5 times for that character recognition step, ugh. Now waiting for permissions to post. Anyway wanted to reply to the Cougs post as I have a son in law that Houston grad, think his notes, while not completely misdirected, was not on point, at least as far as I understood. Certainly there was push back from the Texas members (recruiting fears, I suppose), but to me Houston was much better choice than Memphis or Colorado State or Boise (other potentials). I did see some push back about the fear of a Texas centric league, but hell we have been fighting that since SWC joined us. We even lost Nebby because of UT, but that's another story. Also, Baylor was not the only school without a landing spot, ; our hope was the BIG10 would expand, but there was much angst about that on this Board (Kansas was with us) and KSU and TCU were worried also; as their hope was the PAC. ESPN appeared to want many of us in the AAC, without autonomy status and playoff slot with the new playoff expansion (and more control andless payout for content, power play). Actually, our president and AD were heavily involved; President was Chair of expansion committee. You can see it in the threads from this summer; but welcome to the BIG12!

PS: Cincy, BYU and Houston appear to be holding their weight in bowls; whar UCF :D
oops, just checked; you get the gasparilla bowl against Florida; we need a victory!!!!!
Go knights!!!:p:p
Your account should be good now

BraveKnight

Dec 5, 2021
Too bad the playoff expansion seems to be not likely to happen now, that would’ve really helped the B12. At least Bowlsby is an outspoken commissioner, unlike Aresco.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Too bad the playoff expansion seems to be not likely to happen now, that would’ve really helped the B12. At least Bowlsby is an outspoken commissioner, unlike Aresco.
Bobby is now. Normally he is dead quiet and clueless. I think he’s taking some good direction lately.

• Agree
Reactions: JM4CY

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012

You mean when the other conferences didn't want to let SEC put as many teams as possible in new CFP expansion is bad? So SEC and ESPN no changed their minds. Color me shocked.

BraveKnight

Dec 5, 2021
Bobby is now. Normally he is dead quiet and clueless. I think he’s taking some good direction lately.
Yeah from what I’ve seen of him recently he seems to be a good commissioner considering the circumstances.

BraveKnight

Dec 5, 2021
You mean when the other conferences didn't want to let SEC put as many teams as possible in new CFP expansion is bad? So SEC and ESPN no changed their minds. Color me shocked.
Would provide the new B12 with a guaranteed spot in the playoff every year with the opportunity to put multiple teams in, so yeah I think it is a good idea.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Would provide the new B12 with a guaranteed spot in the playoff every year with the opportunity to put multiple teams in, so yeah I think it is a good idea.

It is as long as the SEC is capped, no SEC cap it'll be even worse than it currently is.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
It actually didn’t guarantee the b12 a spot. Just the “X” amount highest ranked. So this year the AAC would have slipped infront of the ACC or PAC.

BraveKnight

Dec 5, 2021
It actually didn’t guarantee the b12 a spot. Just the “X” amount highest ranked. So this year the AAC would have slipped infront of the ACC or PAC.
I doubt the B12 would ever fall below the number 5 or 6 spot, and honestly I think it would be above the Pac and ACC most years.

• Agree
Reactions: WhoISthis

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I doubt the B12 would ever fall below the number 5 or 6 spot, and honestly I think it would be above the Pac and ACC most years.
The CFP just took the top ranked conference champs from X amount though in its new form. So if the AAC and NE had teams ranked 4 and 5, they probably are pushing out two other power 5 conference teams possibly.

BraveKnight

Dec 5, 2021
The CFP just took the top ranked conference champs from X amount though in its new form. So if the AAC and NE had teams ranked 4 and 5, they probably are pushing out two other power 5 conference teams possibly.
NE? I assume you meant Notre Dame, but ND isn’t in a conference, so they wouldn’t take any of the 6 spots. And the gutted AAC wouldn’t be much of a threat to the B12 in the future, so I wouldn’t be too concerned about them stealing a spot. If any power conference would get their spot stolen it would be the Pac in recent years. The quality of B12 football should remain top 4 80% of the time.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
NE? I assume you meant Notre Dame, but ND isn’t in a conference, so they wouldn’t take any of the 6 spots. And the gutted AAC wouldn’t be much of a threat to the B12 in the future, so I wouldn’t be too concerned about them stealing a spot. If any power conference would get their spot stolen it would be the Pac in recent years. The quality of B12 football should remain top 4 80% of the time.
I put MW but my great auto correct s changed it.

BraveKnight

Dec 5, 2021
I put MW but my great auto correct s changed it.
Oh gotcha, autocorrect is the worst. I think the MWC is probably the biggest challenger in the G5, but they’d likely just take the 6th spot most years. I can definitely see why you guys would want a P5 autobid though, you’ve made some fair points.

amishclone

Feb 23, 2014
Think how much the narrative would change if that Baylor/Old Miss game had happened as part of the playoff.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Think how much the narrative would change if that Baylor/Old Miss game had happened as part of the playoff.

As long as ESPN is charge there won't be fairness, they will keep changing the parameters to put as many SEC teams that they can. Example the 13th data point yr. I'm surprised they didn't find a way to exclude Cincy this yr.

To your Baylor/OleMiss point it wouldn't matter might be an interesting game to watch but Georgia or Bama would roll either one..

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
As long as ESPN is charge there won't be fairness, they will keep changing the parameters to put as many SEC teams that they can. Example the 13th data point yr. I'm surprised they didn't find a way to exclude Cincy this yr.

To your Baylor/OleMiss point it wouldn't matter might be an interesting game to watch but Georgia or Bama would roll either one..
Well they did move teams around to make sure Cincy did not play Michigan.

• Haha
Reactions: NWICY