Audi Crooks question

Hayes30

Jun 20, 2011
I know there is a 2023 recruiting thread already but I figured she deserved her own thread for being arguably the top ranked lady in the State for 23. Man this girl is a beast and has the potential to be very very good. With offers from Iowa State, Iowa, UNI, Drake, Mississippi State, K-State, Wisconsin, Michigan St, Minnesota, Maryland, Missouri State, UMKC, and Illinois State. She has a great offer list but I would expect she stays in State. I know nothing about here other than the random video I just seen on YouTube. She is a borderline Top 40 player from the little info I have found. Do we have a shot at her?

Reactions: JVAR

JVAR

Mar 27, 2006
Eagle Grove, IA
I know there is a 2023 recruiting thread already but I figured she deserved her own thread for being arguably the top ranked lady in the State for 23. Man this girl is a beast and has the potential to be very very good. With offers from Iowa State, Iowa, UNI, Drake, Mississippi State, K-State, Wisconsin, Michigan St, Minnesota, Maryland, Missouri State, UMKC, and Illinois State. She has a great offer list but I would expect she stays in State. I know nothing about here other than the random video I just seen on YouTube. She is a borderline Top 40 player from the little info I have found. Do we have a shot at her?

I am guessing it comes down to ISU and Iowa although I have no inside info. I do know both of her aunts and they are great people. She has a tight knit family that mostly lives in Fort Dodge. I believe her dad was a D1 player that is like 6’7.’ Most of the Crooks family are good athletes

• Informative
Reactions: StClone and aauummm

CyclonesFan4ever

Jan 10, 2021
Ames
Yes she's a great talent and she was one of three finalists for this year's Iowa High School Sports Female of the Year Awards (in both All-Sports and GBB categories). Right now I'm concerned about if her mobility and athleticism can translate in the P6-level competitions. If she could trim down 20-30 lbs, keep improving her skills and s&c, she can become the next Courtney Paris kind of player for us.

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
She's a heck of a project. I'd pay more attention to her AAU stats than Bishop Garrigan stats.

She needs SIGNIFICANT strength and conditioning help. She doesn't run up and down the floor and takes a lot of possessions off.

Offensively a bunch of her buckets are just being taller than everyone else.

All those things said....you can't teach height. She still has time to develop and I'm certain people are helping her with that.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Yes she's a great talent and she was one of three finalists for this year's Iowa High School Sports Female of the Year Awards (in both All-Sports and GBB categories). Right now I'm concerned about if her mobility and athleticism can translate in the P6-level competitions. If she could trim down 20-30 lbs, keep improving her skills and s&c, she can become the next Courtney Paris kind of player for us.

If she truly wants to be a D1 basketball player she'll likely have 20-30 ibs cut within a year. Not meant as a slam but to play at that level you have to be able to run up and down the floor

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.

My 5 4 daughter fronted her and held her to two points in over two quarters. SHe doesn’t move much. You shut down one side of her and she can’t turn the other way. She had the Garza shuffle already. She needs work for D1 level.

• Informative
Reactions: NWICY

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
There is some talent there but she needs some work but that being said if she wants to put in the effort I'd like to see her at ISU.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
She has great hands. Rebounds seem to just stick to her hands.

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
My 5 4 daughter fronted her and held her to two points in over two quarters. SHe doesn’t move much. You shut down one side of her and she can’t turn the other way. She had the Garza shuffle already. She needs work for D1 level.
To be fair if she's getting doubled every play I wouldn't expect her to do much and I'm guessing they had someone else doing the scoring. The last couple years they've basically crushed anyone who isn't Valley or Newell Fonda.

If she was getting fronted without backside help and no one could throw an entry pass that isn't on her. I've watched her enough to see she can seal and score over almost any defender.

I'm not sure she's a great fit at this point in time for ISU. Bill likes people who are able to shoot. She has done nothing to show she's anything resembling a shooter.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
To be fair if she's getting doubled every play I wouldn't expect her to do much and I'm guessing they had someone else doing the scoring. The last couple years they've basically crushed anyone who isn't Valley or Newell Fonda.

If she was getting fronted without backside help and no one could throw an entry pass that isn't on her. I've watched her enough to see she can seal and score over almost any defender.

I'm not sure she's a great fit at this point in time for ISU. Bill likes people who are able to shoot. She has done nothing to show she's anything resembling a shooter.
Bill wants someone to run the floor, she can’t. He wants 5-0 or 4-1 offense. She isn’t athletic enough for the 4-1 and can’t shoot outside for 5-0.

Reason she didn’t get the entry pass was she wouldn’t move. When they threw it over she was under the basket and/or lost it. Daughter would get physical and she doesn’t like physical play without the ball. Frustrates her. Many of her points were the guards just throwing up a shot for her to rebound and put back.

BTW, daughters team is the other team that they had tight games with the last two years. Only one was lopsided out of the four. Newell used our D in the championship game on garrigan this year. It is pretty similar to Newell’s, just a little more post D then pure cross trapping of Newell’s.

I just don’t see the P5 there. If she got quicker, learned to go both ways, and chased loose rebounds she may have a shot. Right now I’d say she is more of a D1 of where Mandy Wise transferred to.

• Agree
Reactions: Beernuts

CycloneBob

Aug 9, 2010
Ames
Bill wants someone to run the floor, she can’t. He wants 5-0 or 4-1 offense. She isn’t athletic enough for the 4-1 and can’t shoot outside for 5-0.

Reason she didn’t get the entry pass was she wouldn’t move. When they threw it over she was under the basket and/or lost it. Daughter would get physical and she doesn’t like physical play without the ball. Frustrates her. Many of her points were the guards just throwing up a shot for her to rebound and put back.

BTW, daughters team is the other team that they had tight games with the last two years. Only one was lopsided out of the four. Newell used our D in the championship game on garrigan this year. It is pretty similar to Newell’s, just a little more post D then pure cross trapping of Newell’s.

I just don’t see the P5 there. If she got quicker, learned to go both ways, and chased loose rebounds she may have a shot. Right now I’d say she is more of a D1 of where Mandy Wise transferred to.

I agree. IMO, she needs to loose about 50 lbs. in attempt to be able to run the floor in P5 basketball. I've seen her play several times. Her strength is being taller and bigger than the defense in the post -that's where she gets her points. Looks like she has good hands. She can't run up/down the floor! I've not seen her shoot from the outside. She's more than a project - just my opinion.

• Dislike
Reactions: Mads4st8

JVAR

Mar 27, 2006
Eagle Grove, IA

Not arguing with you at all as I have never seen her play other than highlights and you have obviously, but in the last four days she has reeled in offers from Mississippi State, Michigan State, KState, and Wisconsin. It will be interesting to see if she puts in the work the next few years.

bozclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2011
Indiana
With someone like this it is really hard to evaluate her during a high school game. She is almost never matched up with a similar size player and every team will run a defense to specifically stop her. In college she will most likely not be the best player on her team. The question is can she guard and score on a typical B12 post one on one? No doubt she needs to improve her conditioning, but I think her size gives her a chance. Time will tell. Someone will likely take a chance on her.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Not arguing with you at all as I have never seen her play other than highlights and you have obviously, but in the last four days she has reeled in offers from Mississippi State, Michigan State, KState, and Wisconsin. It will be interesting to see if she puts in the work the next few years.
You have a 6 3 sophomore. No offers are fully committable yet to my knowledge and what happens if she shoots up 3-4 more inches? Think coaches are considering that. Don’t want to be left on the sidelines if she pops up. Easier for coaches to get in and say no later than to be late in the process, unless you are UConn or such.

• Agree
Reactions: LincolnSwinger

Bipolarcy

Oct 27, 2008

I can tell you she's made more than one visit to Iowa State, including a football game with a teammate.

Reactions: NWICY

Bipolarcy

Oct 27, 2008

This is not even close to being accurate, since it's very obvious we are recruiting her hard.

Reactions: Mads4st8