As usual, no respect...

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
I couldn't decide which thread to put this in so decided to give it its own thread.

Just a couple of little problems with this...

edit: I guess I should have done a screenshot instead of embedding the tweet. See description below.

Last edited:

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Yeah, they took it down. They were being flamed all over twitter. It was a "retweet if your team is going to the Sweet 16" graphic with images of a coach or a player from 14 teams on it. Some numbnutz left out Texas Tech and ISU in the graphic...but Coach K & Agbagi were prominently placed.

hiltonisheaven

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny
Here’s something for all those feeling slighted:

Another one:
Yeah we’re 15/16 but we’re winning in the most unsexy way possible so you can understand it.

KnappShack

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown

TJ shouldn't just win every coach of the year award

They should name the goddam award after him.

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
Big Cat, maybe the most famous Wisconsin fan, said he's considering Miami as a lock of the year pick because "Iowa State is bad. They just are." Of course he prefaced it with "credit to Iowa State, they won, but".

You can tell nobody outside the Big 12 has watched our games or Big 12 games in general. We tried telling them that our games are more intense and physical than anything around the country. Then we come in and win the exact way we have all year, and they say we're a bad team. Our defense is elite. I don't know why that has been glossed over. Antonelli mentioned it in-game, but barely a peep on the studio crews.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Big Cat, maybe the most famous Wisconsin fan, said he's considering Miami as a lock of the year pick because "Iowa State is bad. They just are." Of course he prefaced it with "credit to Iowa State, they won, but".

You can tell nobody outside the Big 12 has watched our games or Big 12 games in general. We tried telling them that our games are more intense and physical than anything around the country. Then we come in and win the exact way we have all year, and they say we're a bad team. Our defense is elite. I don't know why that has been glossed over. Antonelli mentioned it in-game, but barely a peep on the studio crews.

The next question you have to ask Big Cat is "what does that say about Wisky if they can't beat a team that 'is just bad. They just are.'?"

wgleason

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines

Another one:
Yeah we’re 15/16 but we’re winning in the most unsexy way possible so you can understand it.
Love Gabe's quote, "They have a name, we have heart" and victorious

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
I'm just waiting for Brockington to "go off" a game or two in the tournament. The perfect storm is forming for one of those games. Hunter and Gabe had the showcase performances in the first two games, taking some of the scouting focus off Izaiah.

Brock and Hunter should have solid opportunities to drive the ball against Miami. Defensively, they are not good.

RonBurgundy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2017
I'm just waiting for Brockington to "go off" a game or two in the tournament. The perfect storm is forming for one of those games. Hunter and Gabe had the showcase performances in the first two games, taking some of the scouting focus off Izaiah.

Yea, can you imagine our squad if we continue this on the defensive end, but get 2-3 games in a row of good IB, good Hunter, good Gabe and good Grill all at once on the offensive end?

allfourcy

Apr 26, 2012
Brock and Hunter should have solid opportunities to drive the ball against Miami. Defensively, they are not good.
Yea, can you imagine our squad if we continue this on the defensive end, but get 2-3 games in a row of good IB, good Hunter, good Gabe and good Grill all at once on the offensive end?
Don't forget good Kunc. I really think he's our X-factor.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land

Another one:

What’s unsexy about beating down a conference champ in a road game?

Some of these teams did a lot less than beat a 6 and a 2 on the road.

Then add in ISU 15-0 out of conference…embrace the shoulder chip.

drmwevr08

Nov 25, 2006
Tempe, az
Don't forget good Kunc. I really think he's our X-factor.
I haven't seen a lot of the games but he frequently made me nervous this weekend. Is that how he plays generally? Loved the energy and effort, but, like Gabe some, kept waiting for a TO.

20eyes

May 15, 2020
I haven't seen a lot of the games but he frequently made me nervous this weekend. Is that how he plays generally? Loved the energy and effort, but, like Gabe some, kept waiting for a TO.
Yes. Kid scares the sh*t out of me...but keeps delivering.

• Agree
Reactions: NWICY