Are we ranked 23rd?

B787

Hates Money
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2018
Randy is at least good for some laughs a lot of times at his expense but he means well. Travis is just soul sucker
At least Travis has somewhat thoughtful opinions. I can’t listen to or read anything Randy does. It’s just unbearable. When they are on the radio together, I am always surprised how patient Travis is with Randy. I’m sure Tommy was happy to be pulled off the beat.

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
At least Travis has somewhat thoughtful opinions. I can’t listen to or read anything Randy does. It’s just unbearable. When they are on the radio together, I am always surprised how patient Travis is with Randy. I’m sure Tommy was happy to be pulled off the beat.
I'd rather stick a fork in an outlet than listen to those two.

WhoISthis

Oct 6, 2010
Travis is an excellent sports writer, y'all just don't like him because he isn't a homer.
No, there is a difference between not being a homer, and being an aging contrarian want-to-be hipster from suburban MSP.

Hines is a talented sports writer and is much better than Randy, but he is also a hater under the guise of his incessant quest to prove he is not a homer.

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
Jesus you people. The Register has ALWAYS used the coaches poll. Grow up and pay attention.

Not "always,” but long enough to be assumed/standard reference for DMR.

Brief, basic coaches poll timeline along w/ DMR connection:

1950-1990: United Press International publishes coaches poll.
1985: DM Register becomes Gannett pub.*
1991-96: USA Today/CNN coaches poll.
1997-2004: USA Today/ESPN.
2005-present: USA Today.
*USA Today/Gannett used synonymously for purpose of this list

I cannot immediately verify when DMR officially began using coaches poll as default.

WhoISthis

Oct 6, 2010
Not "always,” but long enough to be assumed/standard reference for DMR.

Brief, basic coaches poll timeline along w/ DMR connection:

1950-1990: United Press International publishes coaches poll.
1985: DM Register becomes Gannett pub.*
1991-96: USA Today/CNN coaches poll.
1997-2004: USA Today/ESPN.
2005-present: USA Today.
*USA Today/Gannett used synonymously for purpose of this list

I cannot immediately verify when DMR officially began using coaches poll as default.
My question is have they equitably abided by that for both programs?

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
Purdue is #2 in both polls, yet:

View attachment 92764

Headline says "likely" No. 1 (#1 Duke lost this week; Purdue probable #1 in next poll(s)).

I would not have written the headline that way, but it doesn't directly misrepresent current ranking. Also, without reading the story, perhaps there was reference to "likely No. 1" and it came from that. Again, not necessary to inflate the rank, but it's splitting hairs.

• Dumb
Reactions: WhoISthis