Apple @ Jordan Creek

Cpech56

Aug 12, 2012
Got an Ipad brand new just about a year and a half ago. Worked great for the first 6 months then all the sudden it stopped connecting to Wifi. It shows the available connections but will not connect when I click on them. I decided to take it to Apple at Jordan Creek tonight. Walk in and the lady tries connecting, it doesnt work. She see's a small scratch on the screen. Literally the size of an arm hair. Blonde person arm hair that is. She then tells me that it appears to be an impact scratch and that they cannot do anything for me other than replacing it, but it will cost me $277 with tax. Not much less than a brand new ipad mini.....

It is out of warranty but I know for a fact its worked since it got the scratch. They cant simply help me out and check the settings to be sure i dont have something messed up in there? Hell I would happily have paid $20/30 to have a tech do that... my frustration is probably a bit over the top but I leave for Chennai, India on Saturday for some work stuff and wouldnt mind having it for the flight. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

ss

Apr 10, 2006
hazleton
i pulled this off the net.....

Some things to try first:

1. Turn Off your iPad. Then turn Off (disconnect power cord for 30 seconds or longer) the wireless router & then back On. Now boot your iPad. Hopefully it will see the WiFi.

2. Go to Settings>Wi-Fi and turn Off. Then while at Settings>Wi-Fi, turn back On and chose a Network.

3. Change the channel on your wireless router (Auto or Channel 6 is best). Instructions at http://macintoshhowto.com/advanced/how-to-get-a-good-range-on-your-wireless-netw ork.html

4. Go into your router security settings and change from WEP to WPA with AES.

5. Renew IP Address: (especially if you are droping internet connection)
• Launch Settings app
• Tap on Wi-Fi
• Tap on the blue arrow of the Wi-Fi network that you connect to from the list
• In the window that opens, tap on the Renew Lease button

6. Potential Quick Fixes When Your iPad Won’t Connect to Your Wifi Network
http://ipadinsight.com/ipad-tips-tricks/potential-quick-fixes-when-your-ipad-won t-connect-to-your-wifi-network/

Cpech56

Aug 12, 2012
Tried all of the above. Still says unable to join the network "cyclone 33"

Pat

Oct 20, 2011
When in doubt, back everything up and do a full wipe & clean install. Hopefully it's just a software issue, the refresh will solve your problem, and you can selectively choose what to restore from backup.
Either way, I'd go back to the Apple store & ask for a manager. That's poor service & a terrible excuse. If hardware components are failing after 1.5 years, they better do more than shrug.

huntt26

Apr 10, 2006
po' dUnk
When in doubt, back everything up and do a full wipe & clean install. Hopefully it's just a software issue, the refresh will solve your problem, and you can selectively choose what to restore from backup.
Either way, I'd go back to the Apple store & ask for a manager. That's poor service & a terrible excuse. If hardware components are failing after 1.5 years, they better do more than shrug.

Agree with all of this. This will determine if you have a software or hardware issue.

I'm assuming you've tried to connect to other people's wi-fi as well? How about the public library?

Try the restore (connect it to a PC or mac and open up iTunes - then the restore button) and if you still have no luck connecting to anybody's wi-fi, you may be hosed.

If you're hosed, go back to the Apple store.