Anyone camping tonight?

VikesFan22

Nov 9, 2011
Ames, IA
I'm pretty sure someone behind me fell down and got trampled.
I believe it. I'm guessing small people couldn't breathe. We were packed in so tight when the doors were opened. I'm pretty sure when the crowd was pushing forward, I was lifted off my feet.

Jordanj6502

Jan 9, 2010
Ames
They are going to find out that the single file thing wont work this game. That process took so long the last game that it took over a half hour for me to get in. Even when I got in you still couldn't see the end of the line.

I am sure it will work. But students with non-student tickets have a huge advantage for getting good seats. They just walk in any door right as they open. While everyone else is waiting in line. They should open the student line up 15-30 minutes before the rest of the doors, just to prevent that.

CyFan61

Oct 25, 2010
I am sure it will work. But students with non-student tickets have a huge advantage for getting good seats. They just walk in any door right as they open.

Thought about this last week. The new system makes those cheap corner seats far more valuable for students. Just stroll in the west or north doors when they open and head right down to the front of the student section.

They now take 10 students at a time from the line to let them into Hilton, so it's a lot slower to get inside, but the idea is that it doesn't really matter since no one is getting in faster than you for the same seats. But those that come in with other tickets ruin that.

Skidoosh

May 27, 2012
I am sure it will work. But students with non-student tickets have a huge advantage for getting good seats. They just walk in any door right as they open. While everyone else is waiting in line. They should open the student line up 15-30 minutes before the rest of the doors, just to prevent that.

They may or may not be opening 15 minutes early tomorrow...

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
Not so sure. That was an extremely slow process. It takes forever when you have 2 people scanning cards and only 10 people that are allowed to go up the steps at a time.

Bret44

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 8, 2009
Cedar River Valley
First, the winky guy meant I was busting your chops.

Second, you are a student at the Iowa State University of Science and Technology...find someone to fix that shizz.

I believe they can help you in Durham hall. Or they can can completely ruin your hard drive. No in between.

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
I had a girl scream she can't breath as I got pressed up against her. I tried to give her room but to no avail. She made it though. Also awesome.
You should have told her "If you can scream, you can obviously breathe, now shut up and shove your way through."

On the other hand, if she was hot, you should have offered her mouth to mouth resuscitation.

EDIT: damn you 00clone.. Beat me to it.

DFWClone

Aug 19, 2013
Does anyone know what time the doors will be opening up? And do they open up the doors at the same time? (students and non students).

CynadoAlley

Nov 28, 2010
Siouxland
Started the KU game in the middle of the steps, by the time the gates opened I was on the top level. I made it through the doors while my feet were off the ground. It was awesome.

As for this new line thing, you're right the non-student tickets have a huge advantage. Our group has a couple kids who have these, but if students get in a bit earlier tomorrow it will make no difference. As long at the security prevents kids from jumping the barrier/rope and budging the rest of us, I'm okay with the new system for now.

CyArob

Why are you the way that you are?
Apr 22, 2011
MN
I believe they can help you in Durham hall. Or they can can completely ruin your hard drive. No in between.

"We tried to replace your keyboard, but ended up corrupting your hard drive"

00clone

Apr 12, 2011
Iowa City area
You should have told her "If you can scream, you can obviously breathe, now shut up and shove your way through."

On the other hand, if she was hot, you should have offered her mouth to mouth resuscitation.

EDIT: damn you 00clone.. Beat me to it.

I always get there first...ask my wife.

:pwink:

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
A girl in front of me fell down at the KU game. I protected her and literally shoved everyone behind me back. She didn't even say thanks.

If it happens again, I'm gonna be the first one to step on her.

00clone

Apr 12, 2011
Iowa City area
A girl in front of me fell down at the KU game. I protected her and literally shoved everyone behind me back. She didn't even say thanks.

If it happens again, I'm gonna be the first one to step on her.

Correct answer in this case is to reach down, pick her up by the thong straps and keep bull rushing thru the door.