Ames Lager

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
Slight sidetrack: Where is WeWill coffee? That is something I would drink year around. I'm not sure where it's at though.
They are also ramping up. I think it's available in some stores and is available for order today. I haven't checked if it's still available for order or sold out

• Informative
Reactions: NWICY and BCClone

CoachHines3

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 29, 2019
I just stopped by the Urbandale Hy-Vee myself. Swarm Beer everywhere. No Ames Lager or Cyclonefest to be found.

I think Exile beer sucks, but they have to be making a killing with swarm beer. Good for them.

I'm abandoning my search for Ames Lager. Someone let me know when West O actually starts producing some.
i go to these local hy-vee stores in the metro and i usually one see ONE West O beer.

• Agree
Reactions: isutrevman

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
Slight sidetrack: Where is WeWill coffee? That is something I would drink year around. I'm not sure where it's at though.
Go to Northern Vessels website and you can order it. $5 shipping unless you order 4 packs

Reactions: BCClone

cyfan92

Sep 20, 2011
Augusta National Golf Club
I hope that the lack of Ames Lager inventory doesn't do permanent damage to the long term demand for the product..

I am a bit worried that West O missed the mark on early deliveries and once the newness wears off, the $12 six-packs will become more novelty than go-to
#1 is concerning and #4 is a problem as well, especially when a large percentage of our fans can't understand Google/Apple Wallet

Reactions: isutrevman

cybychoice

Jun 27, 2014
Ankeny
Random find of the day! The BP gas station in Malcom (just north of 80, on hwy 63) had 4 six packs this morning, now they have 3, I left those for the rest of you degenerates to fight over ;)

Reactions: CYCLNST8 and NWICY

Rods79

Nov 27, 2006
Des Moines
Urbandale Hy-Vee literally has a mountain of swarm and no Ames Lager... Sad.

They can keep their mountain of Slurm…display it to the whole world how much it’s “selling”…I haven’t seen a dent. Enough to fill an Olympic sized swimming pool over there.

SECyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 29, 2011
Pella
Random find of the day! The BP gas station in Malcom (just north of 80, on hwy 63) had 4 six packs this morning, now they have 3, I left those for the rest of you degenerates to fight over ;)
Hard to believe that place has them lol

BACyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2011
Reinbeck, IA
Not going to be enough.

I think it's awesome. The brewery is owned and run by true Cyclones fans.

I happened to run into a fan from that area at the game that knew the guys who own WestO, maybe go to the same church and/or school, and they are so excited to be able to give back in this way. All of us win.

WestO *added* 2700 gallons of capacity. If that's all they use for Ames Lager, it's potentially 15-30,000 cans a month, depending upon the specific brew cycle for this beer.

That *increased* capacity is probably going to start hitting *now* for Ames Lager, and if there's more expansion coming later, the supply will not be a problem. And WestO has new incentive to improve the reach of their distribution network, which I'm sure they will.

Ames Lager tastes awesome and it's a perfect gameday / everyday beer. This is standard early-launch stuff, and the fact that Cyclones fans are killing it is fantastic. A dream even. I'm most excited that it's helping both our players, and for a small Iowa brewery owned by Cyclones to expand its reach.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
I hope that the lack of Ames Lager inventory doesn't do permanent damage to the long term demand for the product..

I am a bit worried that West O missed the mark on early deliveries and once the newness wears off, the $12 six-packs will become more novelty than go-to

It usually does the opposite for consumers. I’ve designed some products that were manufactured below demand and then watch the insanity on eBay, I’m convinced half of them wouldn’t want it even for msrp if thousands were sitting in shelves at retail, let alone pay 8x msrp.

This thread is even probably building long term demand.

isutrevman

Jan 30, 2007
Ames, IA
I think it's awesome. The brewery is owned and run by true Cyclones fans.

I happened to run into a fan from that area at the game that knew the guys who own WestO, maybe go to the same church and/or school, and they are so excited to be able to give back in this way. All of us win.

WestO *added* 2700 gallons of capacity. If that's all they use for Ames Lager, it's potentially 15-30,000 cans a month, depending upon the specific brew cycle for this beer.

That *increased* capacity is probably going to start hitting *now* for Ames Lager, and if there's more expansion coming later, the supply will not be a problem. And WestO has new incentive to improve the reach of their distribution network, which I'm sure they will.

Ames Lager tastes awesome and it's a perfect gameday / everyday beer. This is standard early-launch stuff, and the fact that Cyclones fans are killing it is fantastic. A dream even. I'm most excited that it's helping both our players, and for a small Iowa brewery owned by Cyclones to expand its reach.
Oh, I hope West O explosed and becomes the biggest brewer in the state. When it becomes more available in stores, their beer wont be the only beer I buy, but it will definitely be the majority.

Reactions: BACyclone and NWICY

CY88CE11

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 25, 2012
The Des
Not much different than Starbuck's Cold Brew. I'll buy some as a treat

It amazes me how many people pay $5-$10 a day for coffee.
A packaged starbucks coffee drink that you can buy at a store or gas station is usually under $4 for the froofy ****. If I go to a local coffee shop, I'll definitely pay $4-5 for a large black cold brew. I assumed the canning of it would knock the price down from that. Agreed on your second point. Making your own coffee is the quickest way to save a ton of money. I'll probably still buy some NV cold brew, but I can't justify $80 for 16 cans just to save the $5 shipping. I'll wait until they're in stores.

• Agree
Reactions: BACyclone