ABATE Rally in Algona

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
If you are an adult, who posts on this board, and you get the virus, it likely means you have put YOURSELF in the line of fire. Unless you think sick folks are out purposefully chasing down people to spit on them in their sleep or to infect you in the parking lot. Nursing homes are a tragedy and those folks have little chance, but if you are fully functioning adult and you get sick, you have put yourself in the line of fire.

If I should get sick, it means I didn't "catch" it from someone, it means I let my guard down and violated the basic health protocols espouse by all health professionals.

Sorry board, I'm still a personal responsibility / personal accountability guy.

Masks and distancing help, but air recirculates and transmission is still possible in tight spaces.

Funding has been threatened to places if they're not in person, without a plan or funding for how to maintain basic health protocols, which means if those people want to keep their job in a time when they're not exactly readily available, they're forced to go.

CloneLawman

Fortis Non Ferox
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
Wherever I go, there I am.
If you are an adult, who posts on this board, and you get the virus, it likely means you have put YOURSELF in the line of fire. Unless you think sick folks are out purposefully chasing down people to spit on them in their sleep or to infect you in the parking lot. Nursing homes are a tragedy and those folks have little chance, but if you are fully functioning adult and you get sick, you have put yourself in the line of fire.

If I should get sick, it means I didn't "catch" it from someone, it means I let my guard down and violated the basic health protocols espouse by all health professionals.

Sorry board, I'm still a personal responsibility / personal accountability guy.
Ok. Just clarifying. I now have a much better idea regarding your "thoughts".

CloneLawman

Fortis Non Ferox
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
Wherever I go, there I am.
Masks and distancing help, but air recirculates and transmission is still possible in tight spaces.

Funding has been threatened to places if they're not in person, without a plan or funding for how to maintain basic health protocols, which means if those people want to keep their job in a time when they're not exactly readily available, they're forced to go.
Not everyone has the luxury of being retired.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Not everyone has the luxury of being retired.

Yeah the person who goes to bars, etc. and gets it, yes they've put themselves in that situation.

But 'if you don't feel safe, you're fired' is not leaving much choice.

Not to mention some places, like say, Iowa, have been all about local decisions, personal responsibility, until it's not an option.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.

The requirement is half time, so half can be online. I was hearing that several schools were planning on having at least two days a week or more, so this shouldn't impact too many I would believe.

diaclone

Apr 16, 2006
Metro Omaha
Oh my God! Oh wait:

"A county judge later clarified that Nueces County did not have a sudden surge in infant cases, KIII reports. The number referred to those who have tested positive since mid-March."

Never mind. Just more Fake News propaganda.
Good lord, read the first article. It said the same thing that your link did. "85 infants since mid-March"

As usual, you're full of it.

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
Whenever I wonder why the country is doing so poorly with this, I just come to whatever the latest off topic post on rona is and I'm quickly reminded how.

cayin

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
I find it really strange that people so freely give up their right to freedom in our country and want rules on stuff to ban everything. I am responsible for taking care of myself. When people crash everyone responds. If the person is hurt they have to pay for their injuries.

get your fkn hand out of my pocket!!! Unfortunately, we are to stupid as a society to handle the responsibility of freedom. If you are going to cost other people worry, money, and LIVES, you don't deserve to have freedom. It's arrogant and selfish as hell to behave in the name of freedom but cost other people hardship in doing so.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
The requirement is half time, so half can be online. I was hearing that several schools were planning on having at least two days a week or more, so this shouldn't impact too many I would believe.

Is there a plan for funding for things like bussing and alternating days and extra staff for schools with classrooms where 6 feet of distance will not be attainable?

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Is there a plan for funding for things like bussing and alternating days and extra staff for schools with classrooms where 6 feet of distance will not be attainable?
I can’t answer the funding question, I’m not in the know there. Am planning to hit the school board meeting tonight to see what they say.

The busing should actually be less. Won’t need to go to each persons house so you can cut the time. (Very dew kids ride the buses, town kids ride them mostly and they are discontinuing the in town pick ups. If they re-arrange the rooms they will be fine with the distancing with halftime. Maybe they will put up plexi-glass barriers. Why I’m going to the meeting, to see what is happening.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I can’t answer the funding question, I’m not in the know there. Am planning to hit the school board meeting tonight to see what they say.

The busing should actually be less. Won’t need to go to each persons house so you can cut the time. (Very dew kids ride the buses, town kids ride them mostly and they are discontinuing the in town pick ups. If they re-arrange the rooms they will be fine with the distancing with halftime. Maybe they will put up plexi-glass barriers. Why I’m going to the meeting, to see what is happening.

Sounds like a good start and that will be interesting to see what those meetings are like.

My thoughts go toward school districts with families that don't have access to transportation, space and lack of staff and support that was already an issue, child care for the at home days, etc.

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
The theoretical risk of something like the ABATE rally is that a few infected people could infect a lot of people at the rally. The vast majority of those people then went home to other places. (So it wouldn't affect the infection rate in Kossuth County) The people in town would only be at risk to the extent that businesses had more customers and physical separation practices broke down.

I was in Humboldt, Algona and a couple surrounding towns a couple of weeks ago, and from what I saw it looked like business as usual. A few workers in gas stations had masks, but pretty much none of the general public. Lots of gatherings, people walking around like normal. Not to mention, I grew up in that region and much of my family is still in that area. Lots of anti-maskers. It is frightening to see, because many of these towns have very old populations and some with pretty limited hospital capacity.