4-Star FB Commit

Status
Not open for further replies.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
We've been over this before, and I think it's a little inappropriate to discuss and divulge information only available on premium sites. It's inevitable that it gets out though, whether it be today or tomorrow. Heck, the Rag may even have a blurb about him tomorrow. In the long run, it probably doesn't matter too much.

Swancy

Apr 11, 2006
Not mad at all. Just think its funny that you guys spend time speculating on what is behind curtain #1 when for just a few bucks a month you could find out.

Furthermore I think it is funny that a couple of the posters were lamenting the fact that Jeremy wasn't here to get it for them. This is a parttime gig for him, the site not to be named is someone's full-time job. That is a big difference.

For what it is worth, I think a total free site like this has merit, particularly as a forum for discussion. I particularly liked the intramural thread. Got me thinking about the good old days.

Recruiting news, what with NCAA regulations and all is another matter. And stealing premium content from another site is just wrong.

Cystate22

Apr 11, 2006
Reinbeck, Iowa
Cycloneworld yes, I am mad that I am paying for a service and people take info from that service and put it here. Now, if it had come from a different source that is fine, but it came here shortly after CR had it up. A person kept giving hints till someone figured it out. The person that was giving hints must be a CR member, and that goes against what Paul has stated he wants for the Confidential Board. That is what is wrong with this! If you don't understand that then I don't know what else to say.

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
I agree with everyone that it is wrong to steal info from another site. Nobody here has ever promoted that - however, it is blatantly wrong to accuse Jeremy of doing that. Jeremy and one of the other site owners ban each other from each other's sites, so that's (a) impossible; and (b) insulting.

That being said - Paul is running a business as his (presumably) sole livelihood over there, and nobody should take away from that. There really is no reason for ANY competition between the goers of the two sites - the only ones who would even have any reason for competition/hatred are the owners.

Last edited:

CrossCyed

Mar 30, 2006
Please try and respect Paul and the business he's running over there. You all may not care for what has happened over there with the premiumization of the site, but it's his party, and it's his rules.

kuney1

Mar 20, 2006
I laugh when people get excited over the # of stars a kid has. It's interesting how some highly rated kids never even make it on the field and a kid like Nick Leaders (a two star) is a four year starter that did not redshirt. Another example would be Brent Curvey who was also a two star. If you have the time look at past year's recruiting classes, interesting stuff.

mustangcy

Apr 11, 2006
Bloomfield
This is only my opinion...but it is a pretty decent chunk of change to be a "member" on these pay sites. We need to raise 135 million here, take that money and give it to the NCC. Is it that big of deal to know a recruit who won't step foot on campus for a year is coming a day or two ahead of an announcment in the DSR?

toneloc34

Apr 10, 2006
I laugh when people get excited over the # of stars a kid has. It's interesting how some highly rated kids never even make it on the field and a kid like Nick Leaders (a two star) is a four year starter that did not redshirt. Another example would be Brent Curvey who was also a two star. If you have the time look at past year's recruiting classes, interesting stuff.

I laugh when people laugh at people who get excited over stars. No, they aren't guarantees, but last I checked the best teams in the country were chock full of 4 and 5 star recruits. I'll take as many as we can get thank you.

CrossCyed

Mar 30, 2006
I'd choose to ban anyone who steals premium info from anywhere when they've already entered into an agreement not to share it, but, hey, that's just me.

Cypwr

Mar 18, 2006
Ameskeny
Not mad at all. Just think its funny that you guys spend time speculating on what is behind curtain #1 when for just a few bucks a month you could find out.

Furthermore I think it is funny that a couple of the posters were lamenting the fact that Jeremy wasn't here to get it for them. This is a parttime gig for him, the site not to be named is someone's full-time job. That is a big difference.

For what it is worth, I think a total free site like this has merit, particularly as a forum for discussion. I particularly liked the intramural thread. Got me thinking about the good old days.

Recruiting news, what with NCAA regulations and all is another matter. And stealing premium content from another site is just wrong.

Yes and the guy with the full-time job decided to lock out the nonpaying customers, those people were going to go somewhere, so he basically created the popularity of this site. If you do not turn away the nonpaying visitors you can control premium info leaking on to the free boards. If someone posts premium content here I am not doing anything wrong if I view, I have no agreement with these sites. I do not even know if what I am viewing is new or old news on the pay sites because I do not go to those sites very much anyway. If there is a problem let the pay sites police there own, I bet they will not turn away a paying customer. The large majority of the people on this site are not going to pay for the premium material, so they are not losing much anyway.

guitarchitect7

Oct 8, 2006
www.chrisboeke.com
Now that it is clearly shown who the commit is on the other site, the question becomes why flip flop. Obviously we had him as a solid verbal before the release of Mac. After the resignation, he decides that Oregon State is the school for him.

But now under whatever circumstances, ISU is number one again. You could say it was the coaching staff that secured his commitment the second time. Why not wait it out to find out who the new staff is and what they have to say before pulling your verbal to only give it back again. Sort of premature on jumping the gun here I think.

I know this is a big decision for all kids to decide where to attend school and play what is left of their college football career. He just seems a little more indecisive than most.

I too hope that this commitment will appeal other recruits to maybe join this wonderful rebuilding institution.

CrossCyed

Mar 30, 2006
Yes and the guy with the full-time job decided to lock out the nonpaying customers, those people were going to go somewhere, so he basically created the popularity of this site. If you do not turn away the nonpaying visitors you can control premium info leaking on to the free boards. If someone posts premium content here I am not doing anything wrong if I view, I have no agreement with these sites. I do not even know if what I am viewing is new or old news on the pay sites because I do not go to those sites very much anyway. If there is a problem let the pay sites police there own, I bet they will not turn away a paying customer. The large majority of the people on this site are not going to pay for the premium material, so they are not losing much anyway.

I'd be concerned if something I did for my livelihood was given away to other people for free. If people knew they could just come here to get regurgitated information instead of having to pay for something, they'll come here. I know there's nothing to be done to stop people from reading it, but people don't need to be jerkasses about it and post stuff when they know they shouldn't, FWIW.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
I'd be concerned if something I did for my livelihood was given away to other people for free. If people knew they could just come here to get regurgitated information instead of having to pay for something, they'll come here. I know there's nothing to be done to stop people from reading it, but people don't need to be jerkasses about it and post stuff when they know they shouldn't, FWIW.

If I may try to cover both sides...

I agree with you to a point. And I'd really agree with you if we were talking about a real, physical product that was being distruted. But we're not talking about tangible objects here. We're talking about information. Intellectual property is different. The argument can be made that information cannot be be owned. Let's face it. Message boards like this tend to be very elitest, petty affairs. Those in the know disseminate information to those who want to know for a price, whether it be monetary or in the form of brown nosing. Why not just share amongst all of your fellow cyclone fans?

That being said, if other sites have policies in place specifically designed to prevent release of private information, then so be it. We should respect it whether we like the rule or not. No one here is in any kind of defendable position if they violate those.

CrossCyed

Mar 30, 2006
If I may try to cover both sides...

I agree with you to a point. And I'd really agree with you if we were talking about a real, physical product that was being distruted. But we're not talking about tangible objects here. We're talking about information. Intellectual property is different. The argument can be made that information cannot be be owned. Let's face it. Message boards like this tend to be very elitest, petty affairs. Those in the know disseminate information to those who want to know for a price, whether it be monetary or in the form of brown nosing. Why not just share amongst all of your fellow cyclone fans?

That being said, if other sites have policies in place specifically designed to prevent release of private information, then so be it. We should respect it whether we like the rule or not. No one here is in any kind of defendable position if they violate those.

There's something to be said for not being an *** about it either. Not referring to you of course, since I understand what you mean.

Cypwr

Mar 18, 2006
Ameskeny

Like I said if it is a problem they need to police their own. I bet they could figure out some of these so called persons that are leaking their premium info. I had heard about Bass before I ever saw anything on any web site, so if I would have posted it people would be jumping on me for posting premium info which would not be correct.

FLYBOY1979

Apr 12, 2006
Go look at the profile of Jamicah Bass and you might find out who the
4 STAR is. On the CR front page is his picture.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron