4/16 -4/17 Weather Thread

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
11:00 at night, we have around 5 inches on the ground, the national weather service is saying we are going to end up with 8-12 by morning. Looking at local radar, the snow is flying all the way west of Lincoln Ne. headed this way.

Snow blowing tomorrow.

mynameisjonas

Jan 19, 2019
11:00 at night, we have around 5 inches on the ground, the national weather service is saying we are going to end up with 8-12 by morning. Looking at local radar, the snow is flying all the way west of Lincoln Ne. headed this way.

Snow blowing tomorrow.
What’s the point just let it melt.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
We got 4-6 in Omaha. Roads were warm enough that most of it melted off so driving shouldn't be a problem. Of course there's always that one idiot.

2forISU

Oct 8, 2008
Not a whole lot going on in Exline Iowa, they do have a very nice diner, small but good food. Sure its closed down these days.

Beautiful country in that part of Iowa, lots of trees, just not much there.
My family use to have a farm just south of Cincy its was knocked down and made into a prairie land reserve. I haven't been down that way in a decade+ but I can't imagine those towns will be around in 20-30 years.

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
What’s the point just let it melt.

The wife had to get out and go to work, so that means I got to snow blow this morning so she could get a vehicle out.
Hard to tell how much we got down here on the border, around 10 inches I would guess.

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
Seven inches last night. Really odd winter with October and April having the most snow.

RafterJLcy

Mar 10, 2020
The radio reported 8.5" in Albia. The paved roads this AM were just wet, the gravel however was kinda interesting.

spinback32

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 24, 2006
Cedar Rapids
dismounted it and stored it in the shed then applied weed and feed and seed where needed 2 weeks ago then this last week happened.... still need to mount the mower deck though..

Same - I put the snowblower away maybe 5 or 6 weeks ago (I was prepared to shovel one last storm, if needed).

I haven't mowed, yet, though. I feel good about that decision.

c.y.c.l.o.n.e.s

Feb 21, 2007
Since some on here like to throw shade at the weather people whenever a storm doesn't exactly match their prediction, how about we give credit where it is due. They nailed this one.

Also, had about two inches of snow here this morning. Trees were covered in snow. It was beautiful.
But if you slept in 'til 11:00 you'd have to look really hard to see that it snowed. Almost completely melted away.

Reactions: wxman1

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
Since some on here like to throw shade at the weather people whenever a storm doesn't exactly match their prediction, how about we give credit where it is due. They nailed this one.

Also, had about two inches of snow here this morning. Trees were covered in snow. It was beautiful.
But if you slept in 'til 11:00 you'd have to look really hard to see that it snowed. Almost completely melted away.

Hasn't melted away here. I can deal with a bunch of snow knowing that the next week is supposed to be in the 60's. And the road aren't that bad at all. Corydon I saw had a foot of snow. The forecasts were pretty accurate but they went from a couple inches to upwards of a foot of snow in about 24 hours. So they were good but did change a bunch as it was snowing in Nebraska.

Help Support Us

Become a patron