3rd Annual Entrance Song Speculation Thread

KcCyclone77

Sep 21, 2017
IMO Power by Kanye is great, hip, and unique.

IF it had to change, Jake McDonough's remix of "Comin Thru" with Kendrick Lamar would be my next pick.
Jake worked with Tech N9ne, and had him do a custom song for Iowa State, and I think we played it like 5 times.
Is it the best song it the world? Probably not, but it sure beats listening to some ACDC/80's rock song like everywhere else in the country. How many other teams have their own song?

CyGuy5

Dec 4, 2013
Kansas City
The problem I hated last year the audio for the stone cold part wasn't near as loud as Power was plus it starts right as the team takes the field so it gets drowns out by the band which plays once the team takes the field.

I think they progressively got better using it as the season went on last season. At the beginning of the year they didn’t do a great job with the timing of it but towards the end I think they figured it out

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Isn't Skip in charge of it?

Are you serious? I think Campbell will try a few things and settle in on what he wants in order to make Jack Trice Stadium more intimidating.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
IMO Power by Kanye is great, hip, and unique.

IF it had to change, Jake McDonough's remix of "Comin Thru" with Kendrick Lamar would be my next pick.
Jake worked with Tech N9ne, and had him do a custom song for Iowa State, and I think we played it like 5 times.
Is it the best song it the world? Probably not, but it sure beats listening to some ACDC/80's rock song like everywhere else in the country. How many other teams have their own song?

This would be great!

EvilBetty

Sep 7, 2012

it ramps up about 40sec in. nice build up though

i post this one about every year and every year everyone hates it. Maybe this year one person will agree that this would be awesome. probably not though

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
My prediction:

No change from last year.

Power by Kanye West then Stone Cold Steve Austin's entrance music.

Answer:

Same as last year. Power and then the Stone Cold intro

Me:

vIf0lAD.gif

Help Support Us

Become a patron