benman82

Nov 17, 2009
Iowa United looks to have the better guards. Wichata have the better bigs. Should be a good second half!

UNI1ISU2

Jun 7, 2019
The Elham ending is interesting for this tourney. With first deadball after 4 min left in 4th quarter they put a score up to play to. It’s 8 points above what the winning team is at. So if it’s 82-80 the score is 90 to get to. Clock is shut off and first team to it or over it wins. It eliminates the fouling game

Reactions: isutrevman

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
I go on the theory that I don't predict outcomes. I simply cheer them on. That goes for our current Cyclone teams as well. :D

You are the voice of a true fan! :)

If I listened to lots of people on this thread, I would have missed watching Tyrus having a very nice first half.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Based on what? He didn't learn how to play man to man until late in his career. Is it the .2 blocks or the .7 steals a game?

Good defenders aren't measured by blocks and steals alone.

The best CBs in the NFL don't always even get much for interceptions -- teams won't even throw at them at a point, if they know they are messing with danger.

The same is true in basketball -- good defenders keep the ball away from good scorers and keep them from scoring if and when they have it. Lot more than just generating turnovers.

Reactions: awd4cy

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
The Elham ending is interesting for this tourney. With first deadball after 4 min left in 4th quarter they put a score up to play to. It’s 8 points above what the winning team is at. So if it’s 82-80 the score is 90 to get to. Clock is shut off and first team to it or over it wins. It eliminates the fouling game

I liked it and wouldn't mind seeing it used in pre conference tournaments and NIT to see how it goes.

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
I'm not going to go back and look for advanced metrics to support an argument I don't care about. I just don't think there's miles difference between the two defensively

Matt Thomas wasn't an average defender his last two years.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron