Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Having Fizer on the team is enough to put butts in the seats, even if he is 40 or so. Baer can hang out and spot up with mcgee that's a decent shooting tandem. Idk about either of the drake guys. Washpun was fun (wild) to watch at UNI

JackCyclone

Jan 31, 2013
Having Fizer on the team is enough to put butts in the seats, even if he is 40 or so. Baer can hang out and spot up with mcgee that's a decent shooting tandem. Idk about either of the drake guys. Washpun was fun (wild) to watch at UNI

I agree with you. If nothing else, it'll be cool to see Fizer play again. Baer and McGee will be good shooters- I remember McGee being the only one for Hilton Magic Legends that really even did anything. This could be a sneaky good little team I'm excited to watch. I was so excited for HML last summer it was a bummer that they had a few guys drop out last minute... gotta think they could've made a little run if Burton was able to play.

I really like this thing and like that an Iowa team is in because it'll give me something to be excited about in the summer while patiently waiting for FB. Hope they can play well and get the guys to play!

Thanks for putting this together Matt!

mattyice

Oct 15, 2011
I agree with you. If nothing else, it'll be cool to see Fizer play again. Baer and McGee will be good shooters- I remember McGee being the only one for Hilton Magic Legends that really even did anything. This could be a sneaky good little team I'm excited to watch. I was so excited for HML last summer it was a bummer that they had a few guys drop out last minute... gotta think they could've made a little run if Burton was able to play.

I really like this thing and like that an Iowa team is in because it'll give me something to be excited about in the summer while patiently waiting for FB. Hope they can play well and get the guys to play!

Thanks for putting this together Matt!

Appreciate it and remember this 1st year will be the most difficult year. So to get the level of talent we got we are pretty excited about but it's basketball...
anything can happen as we've seen.

Yeah in the nice part about using all 4 schools is now we have flexibility. So every year we may see the roster form a little differently and have more Iowa state guys one year. Another year more hawkeyes but the talent pool is just much much larger which just gives us a little more advantage.

Reactions: isutrevman

mattyice

Oct 15, 2011
Same could be said for McGee and Josh Young. Finding the hot hand early might be the key to success.

Or Timmer....dont forget hes a really great shooter.

Also....we may not be done adding to the roster. ;) Might get news tomorrow.

1UNI2ISU

Jan 30, 2013
Waterloo
Washpun is killing it in England right now.

This team has a shot to be pretty good but great nostalgia if nothing else.

It's too bad that Josh Young ended up playing for Phelps. He was great.

• Agree

mattyice

Oct 15, 2011
Hey just want to give everybody a heads up of where things are at with 3 weeks to go before selection weekend.

Everybody is still locked in and if you have been following us on Twitter at @iowatbt we have a lot of content every day with our player weeks with hype videos, military veterans focus, Get To Know you, Fan Questions, etc as well as podcasts and articles on the team.
Also look for a story in the des moines register this weekend.

So I come to ask you guys for one more push in voting for us at the tournament. com. I think we are in good shape and have done some unique things that no other team is doing but we could still use your help. It's a great way to bring the entire state together and the guys are all excited to represent Iowa. Thanks everyone

Matt

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Guard play is decent but there are no quality big men and no height. No point in putting a team together when you know they won’t win more than one game tops. What’s the point of wasting players time and others money? Get it right next year and come up with a more talented roster. You have one wing scorer with height which is Jok.
What was McKay doing? Surely he would be better than an almost 40 year old Marcus Fizer who sat out and coached the past two years. Hogue? JVB?
Dude...how much effort have YOU put in to putting together a roster?

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
Ranked 50 out of 64, according to ESPN.
https://www.espn.com/mens-college-b...1291/ranking-every-team-2019-tbt-bracket-1-64
50. Iowa United, No. 7 seed (Wichita region)
Iowa, Iowa State and Drake alumni represent the core of Iowa United. While former Cyclones star Marcus Fizer, Drake's all-time leading scorer Reed Timmer and recent Iowa graduates Peter Jok and Nicholas Baer are notable names, 2019 national women's college player of the year Megan Gustafson becomes the first active professional women's player to participate in TBT.

Best player is Peter Jok, according to ESPN.
https://www.espn.com/mens-college-b...27155925/the-top-player-all-64-teams-2019-tbt
Peter Jok, Iowa United
Jok is another top-notch scorer. He spent four years with Iowa before transitioning to the G League. The guard averaged nearly 20 points during his senior campaign and showed off his scoring chops in his first game of the 2018-19 G League season by recording a double-double (19 points, 10 rebounds) for the Northern Arizona Suns.

Game is in a week!
Wichita Regional -- July 25-28, Charles Koch Arena, Wichita, Kansas
July 25

• 7 p.m. - (3) Self Made (Kansas alumni) vs. (6) Sideline Cancer (ESPN)

• 9 p.m. - (2) AfterShocks (Wichita State alumni) vs. (7) Iowa Utd. (ESPN)

• Informative

UNI1ISU2

Jun 7, 2019
Washpun out hurt...Fizer out hurt. Some guys added. They have a decent team. Should be fun to watch tonight on ESPN