Iastfan112

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 14, 2006
You can make a great case for all three. Not sure I'd agree about Kepler having far better offensive stats than Rosario, and there's quite a gap between those two and Buxton offensively. Kepler is probably the biggest snub to me. He's been very good defensively in addition to the patience and slugging. Looking at his swing, he looks like he's going to be a superstar. So compact and quick, and lately pitchers are making the pitch they want and he's still crushing it. As for Buxton, he's getting there for sure. I think between the newly acquired vets and the emergence of Rosie, Polanco and Kepler have taken a ton of pressure of Buxton at the plate. Sano looks terrible at times, but amazingly his OPS is almost identical to Kepler.

Far better was an overstatement when comparing Kepler to Rosario. Better, yes, with that additional 40 pts of OPS but "far" was an overstatement.

The gap between Buxton and Rosario in terms of OPS is less than the gap between Kepler and Rosario FYI. I think the only way you can justify Rosario is the fact that Buxton has missed some time with injury. That said, things like WAR that factors that in still like Buxton over Rosario.

Buxton: 2.3 F-WAR 2.8 B-WAR
Rosario: 1.3 F-WAR 2.3 B-WAR

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
Too bad we don't get to see what Wade could have brought to the Twins lineup. We already know what they have in Cave and his .176 BA, and unfortunately he must be all they have ready in the minors. Hopefully his stay is only this last game before the break. It will be good to see Eddie back in there.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Huge series at the Indians this weekend. It would be great to take 2/3 and extend the lead.

Just need to hold serve against the Indians. Indians schedule in August is really tough. They would have to play pretty good ball just to finish .500 for that month.

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
Remember when Lance Lynn kinda sucked last season for the Twins and Yankees?
Now 12-4 for Texas. o_O

He must be over his self induced tantrum when he realized he gave away $5 million and ended up with the Twins. Now that he has had a year to adjust to the fact that nobody wants him for $17.5MM, he's back to his old form. Looked dominant last night.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
2 of 3 in Cleveland, especially considering the directions these 2 teams were heading before the break, was about as good as I could have hoped. Now we go home for 9 games and hopefully a 7-2 record.
This was good. They didn't play anywhere close to their best and still took 2 of 3 in Cleveland.

J-Diggy

Nov 30, 2007
I'm greedy and wanted the sweep but I guess this will have to do. :cool:

Yankees and A's will make it a tough homestand. Gotta hold serve.

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
I keep watching for movement on the trade wires. With never knowing what Twins will get with relievers like Duffy and May, we obviously need help in the pen. Still hoping they land SF's Smith.

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
Has anyone heard when Rosario and/or Cron are due back? And was Buxton out yesterday simply to be safe?

Rosario will be back Tuesday against the Mets. Don't know about Cron.
Buxton was undergoing concussion evaluations but the Twins haven't said what they yielded. Hope he's back in there tomorrow with Eddie.

• Informative
Reactions: SCyclone

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
I keep watching for movement on the trade wires. With never knowing what Twins will get with relievers like Duffy and May, we obviously need help in the pen. Still hoping they land SF's Smith.
I've become comfortable with May. He makes some mistakes but he seems to have learned to limit the damage. Duffy seems to be either really good or really bad with no in-between.

I also keep checking the trade wires. Trading for the Toronto pitchers almost makes too much sense but I guess Toronto knows that too.

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
..... Trading for the Toronto pitchers almost makes too much sense but I guess Toronto knows that too.

With Giles now having elbow problems again the Twins are most likely backing away from a package deal with the Blue Jay's.
The Twins will be looking for a rental reliever and a starter with a year or two left on his contract.
We'll see if the brain trust does anything at all.

• Informative
Reactions: jcyclonee

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Twins obviously need some help in the pen but I still think trading for another starter is crucial for down the stretch and in October. I love me some Berrios but even he can look shakey at times. The guy just has enough stuff to pitch through it. But I don’t think that will work against line ups like the yanks have

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
Twins mojo not looking good right now. Can't get the big hit with men on. Cruz pops up to end the game on a bases loaded ball four pitch which would have tied the score.
Need the second game against the Metropolitans.

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
Twins continue to look bad in close games late. May comes in-- three run homer. Routine deep fly-- Rosario drops the ball for two unearned runs, and that's the game.

Will be curious to see how long Rocco goes before he shakes up the lineup. I'd like to see Arraez take over second and leadoff. Platoon Gonzalez and Sano at third. And make the trade for Smith-- soon.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
They were bound to hit a stretch like this. Houston did like month ago and rebounded. Good teams bounce back. We will find out what kind of team this is over the next 2-3 weeks.

• Winner
Reactions: VeloClone

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Might have to pop over to Target Field for a game when Yanks are in town. Trying to figure out who will be pitching. Unscheduled double header and rain out yesterday pushed everyone back a day. Going with an "opener" in 2nd to avoid messing up the rotation more than that. Looks like Sabathia, German and Happ. Twins will miss Tanaka because of the rainout. Weather looks good all three days.