BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Now if the Twins figure out not to schedule home games the first two weeks of April we may have something.

Truth but that's MLB's fault. MLB does a crappy job of scheduling the first couple weeks of the season. It's like they are totally oblivious to the probability of cold, rain or even snow.

• Agree
Reactions: Acylum

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
Time to fatten up before we get the BoSox.
In the 15-16 games before the next series with Cleveland, the Twins have a pretty easy slate series against Chi, Det, Chi, Det, and Boston. Meanwhile Cleveland gets Mets, KC, TB and Det. I'll be pretty disappointed if the Twins don't gain another game or two over that span. Bad news on Buxton, but Boomstick ought to be back soon.

• Agree
Reactions: mj4cy

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Now if the Twins figure out not to schedule home games the first two weeks of April we may have something.

The Star Tribune today said the Twins requested for road games to start next season and it was granted. They'll start in Oakland then go to Seattle. The season will start March 26th a week earlier to ensure the World Series finishes before the 2020 elections in November.

Steve

Apr 11, 2006
The Star Tribune today said the Twins requested for road games to start next season and it was granted. They'll start in Oakland then go to Seattle. The season will start March 26th a week earlier to ensure the World Series finishes before the 2020 elections in November.
This year they were also on the road for the first 7 games. MLB doesn’t like to do much more than that so that all teams can get their home opener in while excitement is still high. It seems like only a few years ago that the Twins began the season with a huge losing streak.

• Agree
Reactions: mj4cy

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
What in the **** where the Twins or stadium folks thinking? JFC, I just found out (talk about being out of the loop) the NDSU Bison are playing a ******* football game at Target Field at 3:00 p.m. next Saturday against The Butler Did It. Hope the field will not get all torn the **** up for September and the playoffs. o_O I'll be pissed if any outfielder from any team gets hurt running around on a ripped up outfield.

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
Twins obviously won't go far with Berrios getting hit every time he goes out there like he has for the past month. Supposedly it's not physical. Don't know Rocco can do other than give him a rest past his next planned start or two.

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
Too bad Levine and Falvey didn't trade for Giolito. He'd look pretty good in a Twins uniform in the postseason.

Even though he wasn't quite as sharp tonight, the two solo shots off Giolito held up. Very nice pitching by the five pitchers the Twins sent out. Nice win for BigMike.

• Agree
Reactions: SCyclone

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Good win to start the road series. Every time a day ends in a result where Cleveland doesn't gain on us makes it that much harder for them to catch up. Just keep winning!

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
I'm almost ready to say that Rocco has figured out how to use this bullpen. ?

giphy.gif

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
I'm almost ready to say that Rocco has figured out how to use this bullpen. ?

In close games the rest of the way, Dyson, Duffy, Romo, and Rogers will be the four relievers Rocco can trust. Smeltzer should be the first guy off the bench in long relief when the starters are not on.

Last edited:

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
In close games the rest of the way, Dyson, Duffy, Romo, and Rogers will be the four relievers Rocco can trust. Smeltzer should be the first guy off the bench in long relief when the starters are not on.
Against the heart of the order in about the 6th inning, I like May too. I don't fully trust him later in the game but his stuff can get anybody out when he's hitting his spots.

Reactions: Lamoni

Lamoni

Jan 11, 2017
The two biggest question marks the rest of the way:
1. Will Buxton be able to make it back in enough time to have an impact?
2. Will Berrios rediscover his earlier form?

If Buxton can get back into the lineup by Mid-September and Berrios catches a second wind this team will be tough to beat.

• Agree
Reactions: jcyclonee

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
What in the **** where the Twins or stadium folks thinking? JFC, I just found out (talk about being out of the loop) the NDSU Bison are playing a ******* football game at Target Field at 3:00 p.m. next Saturday against The Butler Did It. Hope the field will not get all torn the **** up for September and the playoffs. o_O I'll be pissed if any outfielder from any team gets hurt running around on a ripped up outfield.
Woah... I totally missed this tidbit of information. What an absolutely stupid idea. Like so stupid. I get that NDSU rules up there but come the **** on. Put it in the football stadium. Not in Target Field, during the freaking season!

Lamoni

Jan 11, 2017
Woah... I totally missed this tidbit of information. What an absolutely stupid idea. Like so stupid. I get that NDSU rules up there but come the **** on. Put it in the football stadium. Not in Target Field, during the freaking season!

I agree. I don't think I would care much if the Twins were cellar dwellers but now that we are leading the division this seems to be a huge misfire by management.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
The two biggest question marks the rest of the way:
1. Will Buxton be able to make it back in enough time to have an impact?
2. Will Berrios rediscover his earlier form?

If Buxton can get back into the lineup by Mid-September and Berrios catches a second wind this team will be tough to beat.
I still feel like Berrios will figure it out. His stuff is way too good to just keep going downhill. What does worry me though is that if you watch some of his starts in the middle of the season in which he won, but definitely did not have "it". And that was before he started getting really shelled. We need Buxton to atleast get cleared to pinch run for late September/October, if that's even possible.

Reactions: Lamoni

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
Just to clarify, NDSU doesn't exactly rule up here. Their fans are super-passionate (too much so) about football but they're not that big of a deal to most of the rest of us. That being said. It's still a dumb money-grab by the Twins. There's two perfectly good football stadiums here and a soccer stadium that holds more than the Fargodome.

Help Support Us

Become a patron