2023 March Madness Des Moines

1UNI2ISU

Jan 30, 2013
Waterloo
Oh here we go. Must be so awful that they get the ncaa tournament every 4 years huh.
Nothing to do with it. It's all about the city and its convention and visitors groups. There's lots of awful arenas that get the tournament (Spokane, Greenville, Greensboro, Boise, etc)

ISUGolf2008

Aug 25, 2022
Iowa
Nothing to do with it. It's all about the city and its convention and visitors groups. There's lots of awful arenas that get the tournament (Spokane, Greenville, Greensboro, Boise, etc)
Maybe they should have it in cedar falls at their "great" arena. Come on now. If wells fargo was so bad they would not of kept multiple minor league franchises in town and host the state basketball tournament every year. you would think for such a terrible basketball arena the iowa high school athletic union would move it to drake or hilton or something

CycloneEggie

Oct 28, 2011
Tickets are $330 a piece for all sessions btw

There are multiple Price Points. $240, $270, $300, and $330. I tried to get the $300 seats in the 200 level and it forced me to purchased the $270 seats. Tickets are already sent to my apple wallet. We got aisle seats in section 301. Not the best section, but I'm pumped.

I've gone both times it came to Des Moines in the past and have seen first and second round in Omaha. Just seeing it in person is worth it. We will get some local teams that will travel well (Last time Minnesota and the Michigan Schools, First time it was KU) Des Moines gets a great crowd, and downtown around Cowles Commons and Court Avenue is hopping between sessions.

• Agree
Reactions: ISUGolf2008

RynoISU

Oct 28, 2010
Urbandale, IA
I missed the early signup so I can't seem to find a link where I can enter the code. Everything I've found is locked with no place to enter a code. Any help is appreciated.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
That's because you've either been to a G-League game in front of 10's of family and friends or you've been to the Big 4 classic.

It's a completely different beast when the NCAA tourney is in town.

I went to all of the sessions the first year they hosted. The sightlines behind the basket are terrible in that arena. It's a horrible design for as "new" as it is.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Oh here we go. Must be so awful that they get the ncaa tournament every 4 years huh.

Des Moines rolls out the red carpet for the NCAA tournament. LOL they don't keep getting it because The Well is a bitchin environment.

• Winner
Reactions: 1UNI2ISU

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron