2022 NCAA Softball

HawaiiClone

Dec 4, 2020
How about the Alo's a admittedly low income family flying their daughter from Hawaii to CA to play softball. Looks like it paid off but WOW!
Yeah, it's an amazing story of sacrifice!! Very happy for them!! Sure wish she had stayed at home and played at Univ. of Hawaii, but that's a huge stretch. Now I'm hoping Oklahoma State beats Texas in the first game today then sweeps OU in the Championship Series. Beat OuT!!

HawaiiClone

Dec 4, 2020
WCWS is giving me new terms that I don't remember from watching the MCWS such as "the Champ Series" and the "if necessary game." Always good to get more minds involved for innovation.

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
WCWS is giving me new terms that I don't remember from watching the MCWS such as "the Champ Series" and the "if necessary game." Always good to get more minds involved for innovation.

Baseball has had a best-of-3 championship series since 2003. Softball started theirs in 2005.

"If necessary" games have been a part of double-elimination brackets since roughly the beginning of time.

HawaiiClone

Dec 4, 2020
Baseball has had a best-of-3 championship series since 2003. Softball started theirs in 2005.

"If necessary" games have been a part of double-elimination brackets since roughly the beginning of time.
I was referring to the terminology used on the broadcasts. In baseball, I don't remember them ever shortening "championship series" to "champ series" (I find it clever that someone in softball introduced that to the announcers). Same thing with "the if necessary game." I don't remember announcers in the MCWS ever calling the game that came about because an undefeated team lost as "the if necessary game."

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
BEST-OF-3 CHAMPIONSHIP SERIES
#1 Oklahoma vs. Texas

Game 1: Wednesday, 7:30 (CT) - ESPN
Game 2: Thursday, 6:30 (CT) - ESPN2
Game 3 (if necessary): Friday, 7:30 (CT) - ESPN

• Sad
Reactions: NWICY and agentbear

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
I'm sure I'm very late to the party on this but just noticed that the Texas coach is a New Zealand native but graduated college from Mt. Mercy College in Cedar Rapids. Also in the State of Iowa Hall of Fame.

• Informative
Reactions: NWICY

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
I'm sure I'm very late to the party on this but just noticed that the Texas coach is a New Zealand native but graduated college from Mt. Mercy College in Cedar Rapids. Also in the State of Iowa Hall of Fame.

You mean the Mike White who flipped the umps the bird after he was ejected in the Big 12 tournament? And just gets a "public reprimand" from our conference, with no suspensions?
Real classy guy, that coach White is...

dafarmer

Mar 17, 2012
SW Iowa
I thought I heard that the RF for OSU started for the first time. Reason? Coach trying to outsmart himself?

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron