2022 Concerts

Mead For My Horses

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 23, 2020
Just found this thread.
80/35 for Father John Misty, Meet Me @ the Alter, Japanese Breakfast, Guided by Voices
First time going to Lollapalooza. Too many bands to mention but first time seeing Metallica & Green Day
Jack White at Val Air
I've got a Hinterland ticket but not thrilled with the lineup this year. Briston Maroney is a real up & comer though.
Outlandia in Omaha for The National, Band of Horses & Real Estate

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011
I just learned that Brothers Osborne is playing at the Des Moines Water Works Amphitheater on July 8. I'll be going to that.

JayV

Really Big Member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 28, 2012
A buddy and I will break out THD anytime we see each other.

Not sure if the best line is “pronounced with an umpty” or BK bathroom.

BK Bathroom

I'm going to try and see the Zombies this coming weekend. Honestly not sure why a Rock and Roll Hall of Fame band is playing in Maquoketa

• Friendly
Reactions: Angie

ZRF

Jan 3, 2015
Saw Paul Cauthen at Wooly's last night. Really wanted to see him at Hinterland last year and wound up not being able to go. He put on exactly the kind of show I thought he would. Dude is a showman for sure.

Cauthen is AMAZING. Glad we have Knuckleheads here in KC as it's EXACTLY the type of venue he should be playing at.

Reactions: HitItHard58

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
Just got a ticket for Badflower in Sioux City on August 5th and plan on taking our 11 year old to his first concert to see Shinedown in Council Bluffs mid-July (he's sensitive to loud noises so an outside show is a good intro).

So glad they started construction on the new Live Nations venue in Waukee, that should greatly increase local show options.

Reactions: Angie and 1100011CS

CYISFLY

Jun 30, 2009
SW Ia
Going to Kansas City on July 19th to see the whole Motley Crue stadium thing. I'm sure Vince's voice won't show up, but I hope the music is good. Probably going to see the Black Crowes on August 19th at Stir in C.B. Sounds like they are performing the Shake Your Moneymaker album. Love that album.

Vinniemac

Apr 21, 2006
Olathe, KS
Just got a ticket for Badflower in Sioux City on August 5th and plan on taking our 11 year old to his first concert to see Shinedown in Council Bluffs mid-July (he's sensitive to loud noises so an outside show is a good intro).

So glad they started construction on the new Live Nations venue in Waukee, that should greatly increase local show options.
You may want to wait for Jelly Roll to finish before you take your son in. I like Jelly Roll's music but the
live show is probably not age appropriate for an 11 year old

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
You may want to wait for Jelly Roll to finish before you take your son in. I like Jelly Roll's music but the
live show is probably not age appropriate for an 11 year old

Great to know!

Mead For My Horses

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 23, 2020
Going to Kansas City on July 19th to see the whole Motley Crue stadium thing. I'm sure Vince's voice won't show up, but I hope the music is good. Probably going to see the Black Crowes on August 19th at Stir in C.B. Sounds like they are performing the Shake Your Moneymaker album. Love that album.
Didn't know Crowes were coming to Stir. Thanks for the heads up!!

Buster28

Dec 3, 2011
Ames
At the end of the month, I'm flying to Nashville to see a Grand Ole Opry show that is celebrating the 50th anniversary of Barbara Mandrell's induction to the Opry as a performer. Even though she's been retired for 25 years, she is still considered an active member (rare for someone who does not perform to retain 'active' status). While Barbara will not be performing, she will be there and appear on stage to speak at the event. Several entertainers ultimately will be there, but only Carrie Underwood (who has cited Mandrell as an influence) has been announced so far. It was 25 years ago yesterday (the 5th) that I last saw her on the stage. Needless to say, I'm excited to go, as anyone who sees my posts in "On That Note" would expect!

A performance ("In Times Like These") from Barbara on the Music City News Awards in 1983 (introduction by the Statler Brothers):