2022 Big 12-SEC Challenge (Poll)

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Which Big XII teams will win their SEC Challenge?

• Total voters

enisthemenace

Dec 5, 2009
Runnells, IA
I don't see Big 12 winning only 4 of 10

I can see the Big 12 winning less. I’m just not sure I buy the “great defense” thing. It could very well be ****** offense.

If the Big12 goes out and wins the majority of these games, then we can talk (figure of speech; not intended to be directed specifically to you, I hope you understand).

Reactions: cyatheart

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
I have ISU, Baylor, KSU, OSU, Kansas, and TT winning but like some have said I am not too confident in a lot of these matchups. WVU really needs a win bad right now so that game could be interesting. This definitely is going to be a good test to see if the Big 12 is as good as we think it is.

Side note, so if Oklahoma or Texas happens to win will the SEC try to claim the wins? :p

Oh your damn right they will. Hell ESPN will probably count them in the SEC total if they win, but the B12 if they lose. Got to push the narrative.

HouClone

Sep 3, 2011
Houston
I like that it is all on one day. I mean who won the Big East - Big 12 challenge this year? I think it was tied and not even going to bother to look it up. Remember the Pac-12 / Big-12 challenge? No one cared and glad it was dumped.

• Agree
Reactions: cycophagus

cycophagus

Aug 16, 2012
MN
I like that it is all on one day. I mean who won the Big East - Big 12 challenge this year? I think it was tied and not even going to bother to look it up. Remember the Pac-12 / Big-12 challenge? No one cared and glad it was dumped.
I agree. Although I think it would be even more fun if it was seeded maybe 1 or 2 weeks in advance to improve some of the matchups. Last season is seldom a sound basis for seedings. One thing the pandemic has taught us is that in-season scheduling is achievable, whereas 20-30 years ago it wouldn't have been. Nowadays, for instance, the schools have their own air transportation, and there is more to gain from the TV contracts.

Jkclone15

Nov 19, 2017

It was a 5-5 tie, but I only know that because of a Reddit poster from the Big East. Should really play all those games on the same weekend. The publicity for the Big12-SEC is really good, would be nice to get some of that for the Big East challenge as well.

cycophagus

Aug 16, 2012
MN
Rick Barnes will coach his first game at Texas since his departure following the 2014-15 season. Texas hasn't won an NCAA Tournament game since he left.
ESPN Writer Metcalf also picked Tenn @ TX as the most intriguing outside of the UK @ KU glamour game:
Also of note, they point out that 10 of the 20 coaches have coached in the final 4 at some point.

Reactions: cyclones500

Hoggins

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 2, 2019
It was a 5-5 tie, but I only know that because of a Reddit poster from the Big East. Should really play all those games on the same weekend. The publicity for the Big12-SEC is really good, would be nice to get some of that for the Big East challenge as well.

The Big12/Big East should go to Fox with a similar proposal. Second Saturday in December would be perfect with all games on FS1/Fox.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jkclone15

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Those poll numbers don't look like the best conference in the country against the weak ass SEC.

rochclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2009
I hope we beat them 8-2 or 9-1. Just lay a woodshed to that conference.

mywayorcyway

Mar 1, 2012
Phoenix
The TCU LSU game has been quite a bit of fun for the last few minutes. Middle of the second half. TCU was running away from them but the refs started blowing the whistle a lot more. TCU has eight fouls 7 minutes into the second half. 5 point game right now, TCU leads.