2022-2023 MBB computer projections thread

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
Maybe Gard should keep his walk-ons on the bench where they belong. This is big boy basketball, teams normally don't start emptying the bench until a couple minutes left and they are up by 30 or more.
They were up over 20 with about 2 mins left and Gard emptied the bench and had walk-ons in the game. The game was over. Keegan and co then ramped up the energy on the press and Jorbo started jacking up threes like crazy.

They got piss pounded all game then suddenly became tough guys against walk-ons when the game was out of reach. It was pathetic, but completely unsurprising from that soft fake tough guy team.

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
They were up over 20 with about 2 mins left and Gard emptied the bench and had walk-ons in the game. The game was over. Keegan and co then ramped up the energy on the press and Jorbo started jacking up threes like crazy.

They got piss pounded all game then suddenly became tough guys against walk-ons when the game was out of reach. It was pathetic, but completely unsurprising from that soft fake tough guy team.
That's actually not true at all, quick glance at the play by play shows their starting pg Chucky Hepburn still in the game making free throws with a minute left. It also shows Ben Carlson, who I know was a rotation player for then in the gsme under 30 seconds left.

Further analysis shows Iowa walkon Austin Ash, and Josh Ogundele scoring 5 of their last 8 points, looks like Bohannon made a 3 with 12 seconds left. It also shows Riley Mulvey who might as well be a walkon in the gsme with 1:57 left.

So by my account Fran had emptied the bench with about 2 minutes left also because Ash, Mulvey, and Ogundele rarely play for them.

You may remember things diffently because it was 11 months ago, but your summary doesn't matchup with what the game log shows.

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
That's actually not true at all, quick glance at the play by play shows their starting pg Chucky Hepburn still in the game making free throws with a minute left. It also shows Ben Carlson, who I know was a rotation player for then in the gsme under 30 seconds left.

Further analysis shows Iowa walkon Austin Ash, and Josh Ogundele scoring 5 of their last 8 points, looks like Bohannon made a 3 with 12 seconds left. It also shows Riley Mulvey who might as well be a walkon in the gsme with 1:57 left.

So by my account Fran had emptied the bench with about 2 minutes left also because Ash, Mulvey, and Ogundele rarely play for them.

You may remember things diffently because it was 11 months ago, but your summary doesn't matchup with what the game log shows.
Yeah, I’m sure I’m not remembering quite right, but Gard put starters back in the game when the end of bench guys couldn’t break the press and they gave up a **** ton of points. The Murrays and JorBo were absolutely in the game vs walk-ons and going on a tear pressing when the game was out of reach short of starters playing vs garbage time guys.

And I don’t remember why, but Ogundele played early in that game. I don’t recall if it was injuries, fouls, or what. But he was in way more and earlier than normal.

CyPunch

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 3, 2019
Sandy Springs, GA

No, @AuH2O is right. They did do this against Wisconsin and many other teams. Quite bizarre and probably contributed to their overrated analytical profile.

Keegan was supposedly playing hurt against us and was in the game with 45 second left while Iowa was trailing by 22 points.

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
No, @AuH2O is right. They did do this against Wisconsin and many other teams. Quite bizarre and probably contributed to their overrated analytical profile.

Keegan was supposedly playing hurt against us and was in the game with 45 second left while Iowa was trailing by 22 points.
They had Austin Ash, Big O, and Riley Mulvey in the game the last 2 minutes against Wisconsin. I'm sorry, but your argument is invalid when they have a walkon and 2 scrubs in the game themselves. So horrible players like that shouldn't even be in against other teams walk-ons?

Go look at the game log.

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines

They were only down 13 with 4 minutes left. I've seen crazier comebacks than that all the time. Just last night Michigan State was up by 11 or 12 with a couple minutes left.

So they are suppsoe to just call off the dogs down 13 with 4 minutes left? There may be some truth to what you guys are saying bit you picked a terrible game to use as an example.

CyPunch

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 3, 2019
Sandy Springs, GA
They had Austin Ash, Big O, and Riley Mulvey in the game the last 2 minutes against Wisconsin. I'm sorry, but your argument is invalid when they have a walkon and 2 scrubs in the game themselves. So horrible players like that shouldn't even be in against other teams walk-ons?

Go look at the game log.

Don't need to see the game log. I watched the game. Bohannon hit all 3 of his threes with under 2:30 left after Iowa was down as much as 22 at one point. Was weird to watch. But congrats to him/them/you, I guess?

Reactions: PSYclone22

CyPunch

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 3, 2019
Sandy Springs, GA
They were only down 13 with 4 minutes left. I've seen crazier comebacks than that all the time. Just last night Michigan State was up by 11 or 12 with a couple minutes left.

So they are suppsoe to just call off the dogs down 13 with 4 minutes left? There may be some truth to what you guys are saying bit you picked a terrible game to use as an example.

Glad they unsuccessfully did it against us. It's hard to argue your best player is hurt when he's on the floor for his 37th minute with 45 seconds left of a 21 point blowout.

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
Don't need to see the game log. I watched the game. Bohannon hit all 3 of his threes with under 2:30 left after Iowa was down as much as 22 at one point. Was weird to watch. But congrats to him/them/you, I guess?
Lol, um, ok, we'll, Chucky Hepburn was still in the game and I assume guarding him, maybe he should have played some defense on him.

Regardless of how many 3s that idiot made, you guys claim Iowa had all their starters pressing Wisconsins walkons, I gave you proof that was wrong. Iowa had its scrub players in at the end also so obviously Fran wasn't too serious about a comeback.

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
Glad they unsuccessfully did it against us. It's hard to argue your best player is hurt when he's on the floor for his 37th minute with 45 seconds left of a 21 point blowout.
Glad you remember that, usually I'm too pumped up about destroying them in Hilton to worry about what lineup Iowa has in the game the last couple minutes.

CyPunch

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 3, 2019
Sandy Springs, GA
Lol, um, ok, we'll, Chucky Hepburn was still in the game and I assume guarding him, maybe he should have played some defense on him.

Regardless of how many 3s that idiot made, you guys claim Iowa had all their starters pressing Wisconsins walkons, I gave you proof that was wrong. Iowa had its scrub players in at the end also so obviously Fran wasn't too serious about a comeback.

Hepburn was not in at the end of the game.

Bohannon hit one three against Lorne Bowman, a freshmen who doesn't play and eventually left the team. He's now at Oakland. Think he hit another one in transition over Jordan Davis, Johnny's brother who didn't play real minutes for them last year.

Wisconsin finished the game with walk-ons and end of the bench guys. Iowa had Bohannon, Sandfort, and Kris Murray in the game. Sandfort only got 10 mins a game though last year.

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013

They were down 18 with 1:54 left. And Kris Murray and Jorbo were pressing the **** out of the likes of Ilver, Higgenbottom, Neath and Gilmore. After a TO on the press Gard put Hepburn back in with the end of bench guys then took him out for the last minute. Up 17, then Kris and Jorbo took over to terrorize Carter Higgenbottom for that last minute to close on an 8-0 run.

I think Rebraca was nursing an injury that game. He only played 12 mins so Ogundele and Mulvey had to play a few meaningful minutes. They couldn’t really go small ball against Wisconsin.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Can we all just agree that Iowa is all smoke and mirrors when it comes to college basketball? Both men's and women's. Credit to Fran and Bluder, they really know how to give the appearance of great basketball being played, when really all it is is one dominating player surrounded by 2 or 3 other players that can shoot decent to good. They don't play defense, and when their star player is stifled, they struggle to win. They can't hang with teams with more athleticism or intensity. It is the same year after year. Rinse, wash, repeat.

• Winner
Reactions: CascadeClone

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
Hepburn was not in at the end of the game
He hit 2 free throws with a minute left. Ben Carlson was also in for Wisconsin, he was a rotation player.

Both teams had scrubs and a couple regular guys in at the end, so you don't really have a case. You might as well walk away with a draw on this one.

Besides, who gives a ****, they still lost, not sure what the point of all your arguing is.

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
Can we all just agree that Iowa is all smoke and mirrors when it comes to college basketball? Both men's and women's. Credit to Fran and Bluder, they really know how to give the appearance of great basketball being played, when really all it is is one dominating player surrounded by 2 or 3 other players that can shoot decent to good. They don't play defense, and when their star player is stifled, they struggle to win. They can't hang with teams with more athleticism or intensity. It is the same year after year. Rinse, wash, repeat.
I'll agree with all this.

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
They were down 18 with 1:54 left. And Kris Murray and Jorbo were pressing the **** out of the likes of Ilver, Higgenbottom, Neath and Gilmore. After a TO on the press Gard put Hepburn back in with the end of bench guys then took him out for the last minute. Up 17, then Kris and Jorbo took over to terrorize Carter Higgenbottom for that last minute to close on an 8-0 run.

I think Rebraca was nursing an injury that game. He only played 12 mins so Ogundele and Mulvey had to play a few meaningful minutes. They couldn’t really go small ball against Wisconsin.
Ok, like I said then, maybe Gard should keep his walkons on the bench where they belong. If he wants to get them experience play them agaisnt Wisconsin-Whitewater then.

Doesn't surprise me Fran would do that either, hes had a long history of drama when they go up there and Gard isn't exactly the model of morality.