***2021-22 Bowl Games Discussion Thread***

FriendlySpartan

Jul 26, 2021
great, I guess ISU beat Clemson by your rational
Think you are missing my point. Clemson playing in the cheese it bowl is a massive failure and step back for that program because they have been one of the top programs in the country for the last 5/6 years.

FriendlySpartan

Jul 26, 2021
When I asked in ISR why OSU had such a hard time stopping Michigan why it wasn't viewed as bad defense, I was told it was just elite offensive players.
OSU’s defense has been pretty suspect all year. Michigan has rough QB play but their skill position guys are extremely fast and athletic. So I’m my opinion both things are true.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Think you are missing my point. Clemson playing in the cheese it bowl is a massive failure and step back for that program because they have been one of the top programs in the country for the last 5/6 years.

they were full strength and by the end of the game ISU was down 4-5 of it’s all time greats between opt outs and injuries.

**** happens. Ohio State doesn’t get some bs credit for opt outs that ISU doesn’t get.

• Agree
Reactions: NoCreativity

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
This is such a bush league take on guys opting out. You should be ecstatic when someone opts out for the bowl game becuase that means they have a top 2 round draft spot locked up which is awesome for the program.
Lol, you mean like Goodson for Iowa? Dude is a 7th round pick or an UDFA on a practice squad at best.

• Agree
Reactions: Kinch

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
This is such a bush league take on guys opting out. You should be ecstatic when someone opts out for the bowl game becuase that means they have a top 2 round draft spot locked up which is awesome for the program. Hall opting out is no different and CMC will be able to point to him and Montgomery as RB’s he put in the NFL and that’s a massive recruiting tool. No other top program in the country cares when guys opt out because it shows the program is producing NFL talent.

I don't think "ecstatic" is the right way of putting this. Not one of us here were "ecstatic" when Breece Hall opted out of the Cheez-It Bowl, but all of us saw it coming and most of us understood and told him to go get paid.

• Agree
Reactions: BigCyFan

FriendlySpartan

Jul 26, 2021
they were full strength and by the end of the game ISU was down 4-5 of it’s all time greats between opt outs and injuries.

**** happens. Ohio State doesn’t get some bs credit for opt outs that ISU doesn’t get.
I’m super confused for what you are trying to say here. Not sure who is giving OSU credit for this performance.

FriendlySpartan

Jul 26, 2021
Lol, you mean like Goodson for Iowa? Dude is a 7th round pick or an UDFA on a practice squad at best.
Hey some people make stupid decisions. I have no idea why he would opt out because he is projected as a 4th rounder which is an iffy spot to be for a RB.

Trice

Apr 1, 2010
Had to go pick up my kid and missed the entire 5-TD sequence in the second quarter of the Rose Bowl. :(

Reactions: cyfanatic

FriendlySpartan

Jul 26, 2021
I don't think "ecstatic" is the right way of putting this. Not one of us here were "ecstatic" when Breece Hall opted out of the Cheez-It Bowl, but all of us saw it coming and most of us understood and told him to go get paid.
That’s a fair point and my word choice probably isn’t the right one. Had a similar situation with walker and most fans were just happy the guy is getting paid and hope he makes an impact in the league.

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
I'm sure there is some tavernhok crying in his beer right now that TOE would have won if Goodie hadn't opt out.
Their other running backs looked alot better to me. Goodson does nothing but dance around because he's scared of getting hit. I'm sure that projects well in the NFL.

norcalcy

Oct 20, 2010
Didn't watch any of the TOE game, but why is ESPN questioning KKKirk's 4th and 1 call by not going for it. What was the deal?

I was laughing when Iowa lined up to "go for it" with their try-to-draw-them-offsides hard count. Watching Ferentz all these years, you just knew there was no way he would snap it. It has to be so frustrating to watch that conservative approach time after time. It was a short yard and Iowa has a great offensive line. Even if they didn't get it, they have a very good defense. They gave the ball back and the rest is history.

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
I was laughing when Iowa lined up to "go for it" with their try-to-draw-them-offsides hard count. Watching Ferentz all these years, you just knew there was no way he would snap it. It has to be so frustrating to watch that conservative approach time after time. It was a short yard and Iowa has a great offensive line. Even if they didn't get it, they have a very good defense. They gave the ball back and the rest is history.
My favorite part of that sequence was when they burned a timeout on that play also instead of just backing up 5 yards and giving their Punter more room for error.

Reactions: norcalcy

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron