MLB: 2019 Fantasy Baseball

DrizzyCyclone

Apr 7, 2013
Excellent. That gives us a full slate of 10 team owners!

If anyone is still lurking with interest, let me know ASAP, otherwise we will move forward with the 10 we have.

How does Wednesday night at 8:15 sound for the draft?
Sounds great. Tomorrow or Wednesday anytime after 7 will work

Reactions: TakeCover

cyfanatic13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Excellent. That gives us a full slate of 10 team owners!

If anyone is still lurking with interest, let me know ASAP, otherwise we will move forward with the 10 we have.

How does Wednesday night at 8:15 sound for the draft?
works for me. How do we get our money to you? Also can we hammer out some details tomorrow? I saw head to head but are we doing points scoring or categories? I'd vote total points

• Agree
Reactions: cyclone101

TakeCover

Mar 26, 2012
Des Moines, IA
works for me. How do we get our money to you? Also can we hammer out some details tomorrow? I saw head to head but are we doing points scoring or categories? I'd vote total points

Draft is tentatively scheduled for 8:30 CDT on Wednesday the 27th.

Is everybody comfortable at $20? Planning on having the buy-in and winnings handled by LeagueSafe.

Regarding scoring, I posted a poll to the league's homepage. Right now it's set up as Head-to-Head Most Categories, but that can be changed. For those that need a refresher on the options:
2019 Fantasy Baseball Scoring.jpg

Reactions: Fitzy

Fitzy

Tracer Bullet
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2014
La La Land
Wednesday draft sounds good to me. I'm fine with any scoring system but probably prefer H2H points if I had to pick one.

ZZZ

Feb 10, 2013
Ames, IA
Draft day!
Just read through this thread quickly, looks like you have 10 right now. If one more person was interested, I would join to get it to 12 if that is something you guys are looking for.

Edit: Looks like you are drafting tonight, so maybe it isn't possible. However, I'm still interested if you guys want a larger league!

Last edited:

twa5786

Feb 21, 2007
USA
Just read through this thread quickly, looks like you have 10 right now. If one more person was interested, I would join to get it to 12 if that is something you guys are looking for.

Edit: Looks like you are drafting tonight, so maybe it isn't possible. However, I'm still interested if you guys want a larger league!

Just my two cents, but I think getting to 12 would be great if we can do it! Let’s try!

TakeCover

Mar 26, 2012
Des Moines, IA

I agree. 12 would be fine, if we can find you a partner! I will keep an eye on the thread today so I can move quickly if we find another.

I will also change the format to Head-to-Head Points, as that seems to be the preference from those who have one.

See y'all tonight at the draft table!

TakeCover

Mar 26, 2012
Des Moines, IA
Got our 11th and 12th pending acceptance of their invites. Hopefully everyone is free tonight for drafting purposes! Draft order will be set manually at 7:30, btw.

Reactions: Fitzy

twa5786

Feb 21, 2007
USA
Looking forward to it! Should be a lot of fun. So I understand it correctly, do we start a 2b, SS, 1b, 3b, and two additional infielders (2b/SS, 1b/3b), or is it just either/or?

cyfanatic13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Also are we doing SP’s and RP’s or just all pitchers?

TakeCover, not at all trying to be pushy but just a rules suggestion I did in a league last year, we made pitching wins and losses 3 points instead of 5 and then also gave 3 points for a quality start. Since wins and losses are 50% dependent on the offensive production we devalued them a little and valued a quality start just as much. If you don’t like it no problem

• Useful
Reactions: TakeCover and Fitzy

TakeCover

Mar 26, 2012
Des Moines, IA
Okay, everything should be finalized. Moved the roster structure back to essentially default settings: 1 each around the diamond, as well as 1 "corner" infielder, 1 "middle" infielder, and 5 outfielders, plus one UTIL guy.

9 active pitchers, with 2 of them needing to be relievers. Since there are 12 of us, I added 0.5 points for holds, so closers are still more valuable but high-end relievers that don't close will have some value that way too.

I also followed the suggestion above and dropped Wins and Losses to 3/-3 points, and awarded 2 points to a Quality Start.

Sorry for all the tinkering. I haven't played in a points league before.

cyclone101

Oct 19, 2009
Dez Moinz
Does anyone else feel that the new interface on ESPN has horrible functionality? Woof.

Sure looks nice though!

TakeCover

Mar 26, 2012
Des Moines, IA
Does anyone else feel that the new interface on ESPN has horrible functionality? Woof.

Sure looks nice though!

Yeah, it's taking a lot of getting used to. I have noticed a few things that either don't work correctly or are completely removed compared to years past. We'll power through! Good luck to all!

• Agree
Reactions: cyclone101