2019 Concert Thread

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Same here. I’m cautiously optimistic about it.

I haven’t seen The Pixies without Kim so I don’t know what to ecpect on that front.
Saw them last year with Paz. They were great. Obviously Kim is Kim. She's my favorite Pixie, and you can't ever really replace her, but Paz filled in just fine. They still put on a hell of a show.

• Agree
Reactions: baller21 and Angie

drlove

Mar 20, 2007
6/11 - Rainbow Kitten Surprise and Caamp
8/4 - Gregory Alan Isakov

Both at Red Rocks. Making the most of the move to Denver.

This Saturday we're seeing VHS Collection. We'll sprinkle in smaller shows here and there too.
Welcome to town. Hope you've found the local gamewatch locations and stuff.

Reactions: WhatchaGonnaDo

drlove

Mar 20, 2007
My Morning Jacket in August
Mike Doughty next week (if I can shake off this cold)
Liz Phair - later in the month
the National - Portland
Mark Knopfler - September
Death Cab for Cutie - June

Need to figure out how to see Wilco and Lake Street Dive.

Fitzy

Tracer Bullet
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2014
La La Land
Muse in Chicago in April. Will be my 2nd time seeing them live, but first for my wife.

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
Already been to:
Rainbow Kitten Surprise and Mt Joy at palace Theater

Tickets for:
-Rival Sons and The Sheepdogs at First Ave
-Shakey Graves and Dr Dog at Surly Field
-Hinterland!!!! Been wanting to go for a couple years and it finally works this year

I have been eyeballing that Rival Sons/Sheepdogs show as a potential reason to drive up...

This sounds like fun. Looking forward to some good shows at the new amphitheater. You wouldn’t happen to have a code you could share?

Absolutely!! So, use the link I posted earlier, and then here's what was on the email:

Grab your tickets early for the show with our local presale code: BFVF2019. Code valid on March 7th from 10:00 AM until 10:00 PM.

Only concert I have booked so far is the Pixies/Weezer in Des Moines.

Going to that, too! Very excited.

Same here. I’m cautiously optimistic about it.

I haven’t seen The Pixies without Kim so I don’t know what to ecpect on that front.

Janny already covered it - but they were still great with Paz. Frank Black has zero time for crowd interaction, however - he basically hate-****ed the crowd with music for two hours!

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
I can't find the old thread - hope it's okay if I start a new one.

Post all of your concerts here!

We're getting tickets tomorrow presale for Violent Femmes/Ben Folds:

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/ben-folds-violent-femmes-tickets-57636703933

I had tickets for the Femmes up at First Ave a million years ago, drove all of the way up there. Find out that Gordon cancelled last minute w/a sore throat, so First Ave gave us tickets to the club instead for that night for free. I've always wanted to see them. And Ben Folds is fun.

Count me in for Ben Folds. I went to a concert in Bonner Springs a few years ago where Ben Folds was the opening act. Stopped by a local gas station for some beer and walked in just as he was walking out and said hi. So that's my Ben Folds story...

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
Count me in for Ben Folds. I went to a concert in Bonner Springs a few years ago where Ben Folds was the opening act. Stopped by a local gas station for some beer and walked in just as he was walking out and said hi. So that's my Ben Folds story...

He's so clever, and I love it!

Hey, guys - so, I used the presale codes on my phone to get our terrace tickets, and it accidentally also added one of the premium pit passes on there. Which is $85 that I didn't need to spend. Be careful if you're using the code that they don't accidentally tack that on there. I am likely going to have to try selling that pit pass.

• Informative
Reactions: baller21

DeftOne

Dec 30, 2014
Des Moines, IA
Confirmed concerts for me so far this year:

3/28 - Weezer / Pixies (Des Moines, Wells Fargo Arena)
4/20 - Druids / Holy White Hounds / Green Death (Des Moines, Wooly's)
4/23 - Beartooth / Of Mice and Men (Des Moines, Wooly's)
5/11 - Hatebreed / Prong (Des Moines, Wooly's)
6/30 - Ozzy / Megadeth (Des Moines, Wells Fargo Arena)
8/10 - Rob Zombie / Marilyn Manson (Cedar Rapids, US Cellular Center)
9/3 - KISS (Des Moines, Wells Fargo Arena)

Reactions: Cdiedrick and 0u812

JimmyChitwood

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 3, 2015
Southern Iowa
I had Eric Church last week in Kansas City. Going to KISS tonight in Omaha. Off to Dallas to see Paul McCartney in June. The wife just bought Rob Zombie/Marilyn Manson for Council Bluffs.
Knowing my wife, she'll have a few more scheduled before football season gets here.

WhatchaGonnaDo

Jun 28, 2011
GAI is pretty great. Wonder how that will transfer to Red Rocks. I've only seen him in small theaters but him and his band were great.

Interesting him and Andrew Bird have both covered 'If I needed you' with only mic'd acoustic approach. Old Timin'.
This will be my 4th time seeing Gregory but yeah - always in smaller venues. It'll be interesting to see him in that environment. If you follow his tour through his social media, it's always smaller venues.

I think he played Red Rocks for the first time last year and it must've been a good fit since he's doing it again this year.

0u812

Jan 14, 2012
so far got "The Circle" in April, in Reno (The Circle is Sammy Hagar, Vic Johnson, Michael Anthony, and Jason Bonham.....Big Smo the next night in Reno, then Avatar in June.....lotsa rock and roll

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Just two concerts for me this year, might be it unless something else comes up that I have a hard time staying away from. Have too many other things going on that either time or money made me pass on some that I probably will have a chance to see again later anyways.

Steve Miller Band w/ Marty Stuart - June 13th at Wells Fargo Arena
Hootie and the Blowfish w/ Barenaked Ladies - August 18th at the Iowa State Fair

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
I have been eyeballing that Rival Sons/Sheepdogs show as a potential reason to drive up...

I have a feeling they're going to both be awesome live. Especially at a place like First Ave

• Agree
Reactions: Angie

Help Support Us

Become a patron