2017 VB Recruiting

cykadelic2

Jun 10, 2006
http://www.desmoinesregister.com/st...erves-up-strong-recruits-nationally/89480116/

Regarding Taryn Knuth, Mackenzie May and Kiley DeBerg:

Taryn's older sisters had limited PT at ISU so did that play a part in her decision making process? Did May have any interest at all in ISU since Wahlert is typically a non-ISU fanbase? DeBerg is 6-3 and you can't coach length.

All appear to be highly regarded prospects just checking to see why they decided on out-of-state schools. It is possible that ISU was not interested for whatever reason.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
I was trying to figure out who we do have.

Mauck, for one - a highly regarded setter who has been our commit since she was like a freshman. Hoping it works out far better than our last setter recruit.

I believe May is wanting to play beach as well so that would obviously factor ISU out.

Knuth has been an FSU commit for a while now - not sure why she chose to not follow her sisters. Perhaps for that very reason or want of a warmer climate - I am not sure.

Royalclone

Jun 22, 2008
Lee's Summit, MO
[QUOTE="cowgirl836, post: 5346064, member: 8260")

Knuth has been an FSU commit for a while now - not sure why she chose to not follow her sisters. Perhaps for that very reason or want of a warmer climate - I am not sure.[/QUOTE]

She's also a legacy as her Dad was a DB for the good guys. Tory was highly ranked out of high school but battled injuries. Third one apparently has even more ability and decided to go her own way.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
[QUOTE="cowgirl836, post: 5346064, member: 8260")

Knuth has been an FSU commit for a while now - not sure why she chose to not follow her sisters. Perhaps for that very reason or want of a warmer climate - I am not sure.

She's also a legacy as her Dad was a DB for the good guys. Tory was highly ranked out of high school but battled injuries. Third one apparently has even more ability and decided to go her own way.[/QUOTE]

Yeah it's a bummer because it certainly looks like this one has the most potential. Though looking at how we've struggled to develop the block.....from what I remember from us playing fsu, they were crazy good at middle. May see a better opportunity for her to develop herself there

cyclone13

Apr 7, 2009
IIRC one of the reasons Knuth going to FSU is because thy have a beach VB program