2011 Recruiting?

johnsonjj

Apr 11, 2006
Johnston
So the needs left after these commits? Obviously Greenfield has a spot if she commits, which is who I assume Arson is referencing.

twistedredbird

Apr 26, 2008
Midwest
Alex Cohen has final six: Duke, Iowa, North Carolina State, Northwestern, Stanford and Vanderbilt, per HoopGurlz tweet:

HoopGurlz
No. 47 Alex Cohen out with mono, has final six: College Basketball Recruiting On the Trail 2010 - ESPN

Yeah, just saw this. Don't understand why Iowa is doing so well in recruiting, just don't get it. From this list of schools, my guess is Alex has a particular academic program in mind, and quality of education matters - doubt Iowa makes the cut though against the four private schools.

mred

Oct 19, 2006
SE WI
bball.notnothing.net
Updated.

Open schollies:
6 (including the ones for Ellis, Moody, and Williamson)

Verbals:

Fallon Ellis (Missouri City, TX) 5'11" Wing
Nichole Moody (Euless, TX) 5'9" PG/2G
Brynn Williamson (Kansas City, MO) 6'0" G/F

Rumored offers:

Taylor Greenfield (Huxley, IA) 6'3" 2G/Wing (down to ISU and Stanford)
Emily Cady (Seward, NE) 6'2" PF (top schools include ISU, Nebraska, KSU)
Joey Bailey (Gunter, TX) 6'3" SF
Kamra King (Norman, OK) 5'5" PG
Carlie Needles (Parker, CO) 5'7" PG (top 5: Florida, Arizona State, Iowa State, Kansas State, and California)

Other likely possibilities:
Katie Hempen (Highland, IL) 5'9" 2G
Markisha Wright (DSM, IA) 6'2" F/C (unsure whether offered)

Last edited:

SS09

Nov 9, 2009
Updated.

Open schollies:
6 (including the ones for Ellis, Moody, and Williamson)

Verbals:

Fallon Ellis (Missouri City, TX) 5'11" Wing
Nichole Moody (Euless, TX) 5'9" PG/2G
Brynn Williamson (Kansas City, MO) 6'0" G/F

Rumored offers:

Taylor Greenfield (Huxley, IA) 6'3" 2G/Wing (down to ISU and Stanford)
Emily Cady (Seward, NE) 6'2" PF (top schools include ISU, Nebraska, KSU)
Joey Bailey (Gunter, TX) 6'3" SF
Markisha Wright (DSM, IA) 6'2" F/C (possibly not offered yet?)
Kamra King (Norman, OK) 5'5" PG

Other likely possibilities:
Katie Hempen (Highland, IL) 5'9" 2G
Carlie Needles (Parker, CO) 5'7" PG (top 5: Florida, Arizona State, Iowa State, Kansas State, and California)
Anyone know if any of the two above have been offered?

I have no inside info but I am sure it's safe to say Carlie Needles has been offered. Carlie is a consensus top 100 recruit who plays for a very well known and successful AAU and High School Program. Plus the fact that she has narrowed her list all the way down to just 5, I doubt she would include a school if she wasn't offered by them. Some alums of the Cal Storm Taurasi AAU team include 2010 Chelsea Gray (Duke), 2008 Casey Morris (Cal then Rice), 2008 Alyssia Brewer (Tennessee), 2011 Justine Hartman (UCLA), 2010 Sage Romberg (Washington State), Shawna Lei Kuehu (Cal then Hawaii), Vicky Taglicod (USC), among others. Carlie attends the same HS that produced Brook Jelniker (Kansas) Abby Waner (Duke), Emily Waner (Duke), Emily Fox (Minnesota).

ARSON

Apr 9, 2006
I have no inside info but I am sure it's safe to say Carlie Needles has been offered. Carlie is a consensus top 100 recruit who plays for a very well known and successful AAU and High School Program. Plus the fact that she has narrowed her list all the way down to just 5, I doubt she would include a school if she wasn't offered by them. Some alums of the Cal Storm Taurasi AAU team include 2010 Chelsea Gray (Duke), 2008 Casey Morris (Cal then Rice), 2008 Alyssia Brewer (Tennessee), 2011 Justine Hartman (UCLA), 2010 Sage Romberg (Washington State), Shawna Lei Kuehu (Cal then Hawaii), Vicky Taglicod (USC), among others. Carlie attends the same HS that produced Brook Jelniker (Kansas) Abby Waner (Duke), Emily Waner (Duke), Emily Fox (Minnesota).

you are correct

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
The rumor among AAU parents is that Stanford has just offered Alex Green, a 5'9" guard out of Bishop Lynch High School in Dallas, for the 2011 class.
Maybe this is a sign that Greenfield is leaning ISU's way...

Royalclone

Jun 22, 2008
Lee's Summit, MO
The rumor among AAU parents is that Stanford has just offered Alex Green, a 5'9" guard out of Bishop Lynch High School in Dallas, for the 2011 class.

Maybe that or putting the pressure on TG to make the choice. Do they already have committments for their other schollies?

Three4Cy

Jan 19, 2010
West Des Moines
Yeah, just saw this. Don't understand why Iowa is doing so well in recruiting, just don't get it. From this list of schools, my guess is Alex has a particular academic program in mind, and quality of education matters - doubt Iowa makes the cut though against the four private schools.

They are getting mentioned, but are they getting any of these girls? They will not get Stokes, and if this girl is any good and wants to play for a chance in a final four, she won't go to Iowa. To say they are doing great would mean they are getting recruits to commit to their program, and I haven't seen any big names yet.

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
They are getting mentioned, but are they getting any of these girls? They will not get Stokes, and if this girl is any good and wants to play for a chance in a final four, she won't go to Iowa. To say they are doing great would mean they are getting recruits to commit to their program, and I haven't seen any big names yet.

You must be kidding. Virginia Johnson? She is a very, very good player, ranked in the top 50 or so nationally. Picked Iowa over Rutgers. Fennelly recruited her, and would have loved to have her.

twistedredbird

Apr 26, 2008
Midwest

they beat us out on a juco we wanted, they signed Virginia Johnson, who is ESPN #100.

twistedredbird

Apr 26, 2008
Midwest

please be true....I believe Alex Green has wanted to go to Stanford, at least on HoopGurlz, Stanford is the only school listed. My guess it might be similar to our Berna/Moody situation.

Tara, like Pat, can put too much importance on height sometimes.

Three4Cy

Jan 19, 2010
West Des Moines
they beat us out on a juco we wanted, they signed Virginia Johnson, who is ESPN #100.

Let's be honest, we never had a chance with Virginia Johnson, and I'll take Taylor Greenfield over Virginia Johnson. As for JUCO's they can be hit (Denae Stuckey) or miss (Melanie Bremer), so I'm not going to get too upset about losing a JUCO. Yes, we haven't signed Greenfield yet, but we are in a very good position with her.

Last edited:

Three4Cy

Jan 19, 2010
West Des Moines
please be true....I believe Alex Green has wanted to go to Stanford, at least on HoopGurlz, Stanford is the only school listed. My guess it might be similar to our Berna/Moody situation.

Tara, like Pat, can put too much importance on height sometimes.

One of Pat's best PG's was Shannon Bobbit who was barely 5'0.

SS09

Nov 9, 2009
Stanford has 6 scholarships for this class.

So far they have 3 commitments, therefore 3 spots left to use if they choose to. Greenfield has an offer.