Seat Selection:

8bitnes

Nov 21, 2010
I am among the ticket holders displaced by the student section. We got an email yesterday. Our process of ticket selection will start and end next week.

One would assume the rest of the ticket selections would follow beginning June 6th

DSMCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 1, 2013
West Des Moines
There's discussion in this thread:

The ticket holders that were displaced by the student section moving are picking new seats over the next week.

The assumption is we'll get our time assigned next week, with seat selection happening the week of June 6th.

OldCurmudgeon

Nov 25, 2017
I am among the ticket holders displaced by the student section. We got an email yesterday. Our process of ticket selection will start and end next week.

One would assume the rest of the ticket selections would follow beginning June 6th

Right when I'm heading out of town. Great. Lol.

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
We did get a email this afternoon about (the rest of) us and seat selection info. Here’s the important paragraph:

Each account holder will be given an appointment time (an email with your appointment time will be sent within the next couple weeks) which represents the earliest time that you can access the Virtual Venue system to select your seats.

Cyclone27inQC

Jun 16, 2010
Quad Cities
We did get a email this afternoon about (the rest of) us and seat selection info. Here’s the important paragraph:

Each account holder will be given an appointment time (an email with your appointment time will be sent within the next couple weeks) which represents the earliest time that you can access the Virtual Venue system to select your seats.
Is there a preview mode for the open seats?

Bestaluckcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 25, 2009

In past years most people could preview as soon as it went live. Could not select any seats until your scheduled time. So since they are based on availability it is not necessary to preview much before selection time. I have previewed before only to watch the seats get selected before my turn. Sort of like following a losing team or watching the stock market recently.

• Haha
Reactions: 2020cy

Ms3r4ISU

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
Yes although it’s not precise. Section and row, not seat I believe.

“If you purchased new season tickets or are looking for a change in your current seat location you will once again be able to utilize our Jack Trice Stadium Virtual Venue for the 2022 football seating process which will take place in June. The Virtual Venue will provide sightlines and views of the playing field and puts the power in your hands to personally choose your new seat location in Jack Trice Stadium. “

OldCurmudgeon

Nov 25, 2017
Do you not have a smart phone to access the app and your account?
Yeah, but I'm working a gaming convention, so I may not have time to pick at my allotted time. It's not insurmountable, just inconvenient. I'll figure it out. First year getting season tix. Donated at Gold level. I'm, like, 1977 out of 2010 at that level. Should I even be bothering to preview seats in Gold donation level, or will there not be seats left there and get bumped down to Cardinal's area? Sugestions?

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Yes although it’s not precise. Section and row, not seat I believe.

“If you purchased new season tickets or are looking for a change in your current seat location you will once again be able to utilize our Jack Trice Stadium Virtual Venue for the 2022 football seating process which will take place in June. The Virtual Venue will provide sightlines and views of the playing field and puts the power in your hands to personally choose your new seat location in Jack Trice Stadium. “

No, you can see every single seat that is available, you just can't select until your window opens. I watched it like a hawk last year hoping to get the two seats next to my current seats.

Ms3r4ISU

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
No, you can see every single seat that is available, you just can't select until your window opens. I watched it like a hawk last year hoping to get the two seats next to my current seats.
I remember that, too, but can't get to that right now.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Yeah, but I'm working a gaming convention, so I may not have time to pick at my allotted time. It's not insurmountable, just inconvenient. I'll figure it out. First year getting season tix. Donated at Gold level. I'm, like, 1977 out of 2010 at that level. Should I even be bothering to preview seats in Gold donation level, or will there not be seats left there and get bumped down to Cardinal's area? Sugestions?
How many seats you have? 4 — it will be rough, 2 — decent chance.

thisISnextyear

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 29, 2007
Ames
Give someone else(that has availability during your selection time) your login and preferred seat area so they can choose for you. At least you will know you didn't miss anything by doing it well after your time.