***Official 2024 Transfer Thread***

CyState85

May 8, 2019
If a person donates to We Will, can the donation be ear marked for a specific program or does We Will divvy up the money how they see fit?

qwerty

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 3, 2020
Muscatine, IA
I feel like Hamilton was redshirted because of Lipsey, Gilbert, Jones and Paveletzke being ahead of him in fall camp. Not who we were recruiting in future classes.

We saw how little Paveletzke played as our 4th guard. Why use up a season of Hamilton's eligibility by playing even fewer minutes than Paveletzke?

If Hamilton is going to play major minutes, he's probably looking at his redshirt sophomore season. But being an impact player for 3 years is nothing to dismiss. But we'll probably find out in the next couple weeks if any current roster players have been nudged out.
Jelani is also a Cyclone legacy as both parents are alumni. That might keep him in Ames alone.

Reactions: Acer88 and rosshm16

rosshm16

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 8, 2023
If we pull off Igor Milicic (yes, please!) then are we done in the portal?
If my understanding of Division 1 scholarship limits (13) and who is on-scholarship is correct, at the moment we're already full for 2024-25:
  1. Tamin Lipsey
  2. Keshon Gilbert
  3. Curtis Jones
  4. Jackson Paveletzke
  5. Jelani Hamilton
  6. Nojus Indrusaitis
  7. Dwayne Pierce
  8. Milan Momcilovic
  9. Demarion Watson
  10. Omaha Biliew
  11. JT Rock
  12. Kayden Fish
  13. Dishon Jackson
So if anyone else transfers in for 2024-25, seems someone currently on the roster would have to transfer out?

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
If my understanding of Division 1 scholarship limits (13) and who is on-scholarship is correct, at the moment we're already full for 2024-25:
  1. Tamin Lipsey
  2. Keshon Gilbert
  3. Curtis Jones
  4. Jackson Paveletzke
  5. Jelani Hamilton
  6. Nojus Indrusaitis
  7. Dwayne Pierce
  8. Milan Momcilovic
  9. Demarion Watson
  10. Omaha Biliew
  11. JT Rock
  12. Kayden Fish
  13. Dishon Jackson
So if anyone else transfers in for 2024-25, seems someone currently on the roster would have to transfer out?
That's how it works. Minimum we add one more. I expect two which will lead to 2 or 3 departures.

Reactions: Letterkenny

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
not urging any one to transfer ...but side note, has anyone got any feedback at all from sources on practice/development of Rock, Fish, Hamilton, etc?

twincyties

Dec 12, 2009
not urging any one to transfer ...but side note, has anyone got any feedback at all from sources on practice/development of Rock, Fish, Hamilton, etc?
I’ve not seen or heard any. Just a lot of people assuming Rock and Fish (along with Watson and Bilew) are ready to fill in at the 4/5 with no drop off from BRE/Ward/King.

Last edited:
Reactions: Letterkenny

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Fish i believe had shoulder surgery so I'm guessing he's been held out. But I agree it's kinda creepy that we haven't heard anything. Maybe someone should email Randy so he can get to the bottom of this?

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
I’ve. Or seen or heard any. Just a lot of people assuming Rock and Fish (along with Watson and Bilew) are ready to fill in at the 4/5 with no drop off from BRE/Ward/King.
That's the way you want to sell it. In truth many thought Rock could be a solid backup next year. I think some have suggested Momcilovic to the 4 to get our best players on the floor more. Meaning Watson, Biliew and Fish could fill the backup minutes. I think TJ adds a guy that can play the 4 and 5 to lessen the pressure for the guys you mentioned to preform.

nowncarolina

Oct 8, 2009
I just saw on a West Virginia website, that they were talking about Coach DeVries and Tucker and there was a mention of the possibility of Biliew transferring there. Probably just a rumor but it's out there

• Dislike
Reactions: Jdk and nrg4isu

Malty Flannel

Sep 19, 2019
Huxley
I just saw on a West Virginia website, that they were talking about Coach DeVries and Tucker and there was a mention of the possibility of Biliew transferring there. Probably just a rumor but it's out there
It makes a bit of sense if they have PT to offer him. Even if Omaha takes a solid step forward, he is going to face heavy competition for minutes. With 3 all-conference level guards returning and at least one of the freshman guards possibly good enough for rotation minutes (and who knows about Pav) there's a decent chance Milan gets majority of minutes at the 4. Dishon looks all but penciled in to start at the 5. Even if he only plays something like 20-25mpg, Omaha is competing with Watson for partial minutes at the 4, and with a 7-footer who has a jumpshot for 18-20min at the 5. If a power conference program can offer him 30mpg and a bit of cash, that's not a bad take as opposed to working his ass off to maybe get 12-15mpg off the bench for ISU

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
It makes a bit of sense if they have PT to offer him. Even if Omaha takes a solid step forward, he is going to face heavy competition for minutes. With 3 all-conference level guards returning and at least one of the freshman guards possibly good enough for rotation minutes (and who knows about Pav) there's a decent chance Milan gets majority of minutes at the 4. Dishon looks all but penciled in to start at the 5. Even if he only plays something like 20-25mpg, Omaha is competing with Watson for partial minutes at the 4, and with a 7-footer who has a jumpshot for 18-20min at the 5. If a power conference program can offer him 30mpg and a bit of cash, that's not a bad take as opposed to working his ass off to maybe get 12-15mpg off the bench for ISU

There was kind of a negative response to the idea of Omaha being recruited over previously, but I absolutely think it's likely to happen. We have a generational backcourt returning and we can't afford any risk with how we set up our frontcourt. And like it or not, banking on Omaha taking huge strides in his development is a risk.

qwerty

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 3, 2020
Muscatine, IA
BYU loses a player.

Edit - That Marcus Adams Jr… knew then name was familiar.

If you click the link, his Dad recently passed away, his Mom doesn't speak English and there is a younger brother still in high school. Speculation is he will transfer closer to home (SoCal) to be more involved there.